chapter ten:

Issy’s P.O.V.

I heard the doorbell go, and I walked to the door. I’d been off my crutches for about 1 week now, was still struggling a bit, but much better. Keira was standing there, holding her left hand out. Olly was leaning against his car, his hands rubbing his neck, looking at the ground. “W-what?” I said. “Olly, come on!” Keira shouted. “Look..” she threw her hand in front of my face. And sitting there, on the left hand, was an engagement ring. I was in shock. Olly and Keira were getting married? I thought.. No. I hugged her, “I’m so happy for you, Kei!!” I said. Olly came through the door, slightly smiling. “Nice to see you doing so well, Issy.” I nodded and turned away. I couldn’t make eye contact with him; I didn’t want to look at him. I think I was slowly moving on. I think I may be falling in love with Mark. Keira was frantically telling me everything that happened and Olly was sitting in the corner of the room, on my bean bag chair, fiddling with his shirt. The doorbell went again, and I hopped up to get it. “Excuse meee” I said, winking at Keira. “Hello beautiful.” Mark said, lifting me up, giving me a kiss. “I’m proud of you, you know. You’re doing so well.” I smiled at him and gave him a peck on the lips. “Hey come in here, want you to re-introduce you!” I dragged Mark into the front room. “Keira, Olly, this is Mark, my boyfriend.” Mark went to shake Olly’s hand, but he wasn’t interested. He got up, and looked at me. He looked hurt. “What’s wrong with him?” I asked Keira. “I dunno, he’s been in a crappy mood for months.” Mark shook her hand “Can we go now, Issy?” I nodded. I went to grab my vans and put them on. Keira, Mark and I left at the same time. We went out, and Olly was sitting in his car, on his phone. Keira apologised for him and sat in the car. Olly looked at me, right in the eyes, and I smiled. He looked away, sighing. Mark held the door open and I got in. “Where are we going?” “Surprise.” He kissed my nose. And that was the last time I saw Olly, for who knows how long, years? Months?

3 months had passed, and Keira was extremely excited about her wedding. Why wouldn’t you be? She was round my house mostly all the time, as Olly had meetings and tours etc. But one day, she suddenly called me. “Issy? Issy? I can’t find Olly. I haven’t seen him since yesterday morning and he’s not picking up his phone. Issy I don’t know what to do.” I had a hunch about where he would be. “You carry on, I’ll go and find him.” “do you know where he’ll be?” she said, panicking. “I have a hunch. I’ll call you later” and I hung up. I got in my car (mum had bought me a new one) and drove. I arrived at the lake, where Olly and I had our first date. We used to spend most of our time here. Talking and what not. i pulled up and parked my car, searching for Olly. And then I saw him. Sitting on the decking, with his feet dangling over the edge, just over the water. I walked up, trying to be quiet but my shoes were having none of that. Olly looked up and saw me, and looked back down to the water, seeing his reflection. I sat down next to him. “Olly? What’s wrong?” he didn’t reply. There were a couple of minutes silence. It wasn’t awkward, but it wasn’t pleasant. “I don’t want this, Issy.” He said, fiddling with his thumbs. “Want what? If you don’t want me here, I’ll go?” he grabbed my hand. I felt myself stiffen. His touch was electric. “No, no, I didn’t mean that. I meant, Keira. I don’t want to marry her.” “But you proposed to her?” I asked, confused. He shook his head violently. “nah, I didn’t. My mum gave me an engagement ring, to give to,” he swallowed the lump in his throat, “to give to you.” My head shot up. “Me? Why? Me?” He straightened himself up and looked at me. He laughed to himself, “Because I love you, you plonker.” I couldn’t help but smile. “You..love..me?” I asked him. He nodded his head, darting his eyes back to his reflection in the water. “She walked in on me looking at the ring, and assumed it was for her.” I smiled to myself again. “Olly, I have a boyfriend..” a tear from his eye dropped into the water. I moved closer to him, giving him a hug. He leant his head on my shoulder and began to cry even more. “shh, it’s okay, it’s okay.” I repeated. I stroked his face, and he lifted his head. I wiped the tears away from his eyes with my thumb. “That’s better.” I said, he smiled at me. “I haven’t seen that for a while.” He smiled again. “You havent been there to put it on my face.” I kissed his cheek. His cheeks blushed. I laughed to myself. “C’mon, Keira’s looking for you.” I said, getting up, he pulled me back and I landed on his lap. “Ow, my leg.” I said, rubbing it. “Oh I’m so sorry! Would you like me to kiss it better?” I pouted and nodded. He kissed me leg and rubbed it. “better?” “Much better.” I was still sitting on Olly’s lap. I was holding onto him so tightly, I didn’t want to fall into the lake. He leant forward, and so did I. we were centimetres away from each other. And then my phone went off. I pulled away and got off Olly’s lap. “Keira? Hi, yeah, he’s here now. I’ll bring him back..Okay, see you later.” I hung up and slid the phone back into my pocket. “Let’s go.” I said, walking away. Olly got up and stuck his hands in his pockets. He got into my car, and we drove back. Not saying a word to each other.

I drove up the drive way, and Keira was there, waiting for us. She ran up to Olly, giving him a hug. “Where did you go?!” “Just needed time to think.” She nodded and got in her car. “Thank you so much, Issy. See you later!” I smiled at her, and watched them walk away. Olly kept his eyes locked on me, the whole time.

It had been a week since my encounter with Olly. Mum was away on business, Mark was at work and Keira was at Olly’s. I had the house to myself. I sat down, and put on the TV. *knock knock* I got up and went to the door. Olly was standing there. “I said I was going to get eggs. I hate eggs.” He closed the door and pushed me up against the wall, and kissed me. “Olly what?” “shh, no talking.” He picked me up and took me into the bedroom. He looked down on me, smiling from ear to ear. I grabbed his shirt and pulled him down and kissed him. Oh my god I have missed him. We ripped off each other’s clothes, and well, I’ll leave you to fill in the rest.

I turned around to see Olly staring at me, smiling. “Hello there.” He said, kissing me on my nose. “Hello” he grabbed my waist and pulled me nearer.

“There's nowhere left to run.
Stop and see that I'm the one.
Won't go without a fight.
There's a room for us tonight.
I should by your everything.
Your start, your end, your in between.
Can't help but fantasise.
Staring in those baby blue eyes.”

I smiled at him, and kissed him. “shoot I’ve got to go. Keira.” I rolled my eyes and kissed him goodbye. Why does this keep happening? I just had sex with my best friend’s fiancé. But oh my god, it was amazing.

It had been a month, went quite quickly, Olly kept coming round, and I kept sleeping with him. He was seriously too hard to ignore. I couldn’t ignore him at all. He was extremely irresistible. But in the last couple of weeks, I’ve been throwing up. I keep craving things. I felt drained. My mum kept saying it was bug, but I’ve had it for nearly 2 weeks. I haven’t told her about my encounters with Olly, she would probably frown upon them. She had been away for a month, and she was getting back today.

“Mummy!” I screamed as she came through the door. “Issy!” she hugged me back. “have you put on weight?” “Charming Mum.” “No, I mean, your stomach, looks a bit bigger than when I left.” “Maybe, I have been craving cheese and chocolate. Weird combination I know.” She looked at me, her face was serious. “You’re not, pregnant, are you?” I scoffed. “no! of course..not.” then I remember. Did we use protection? I can’t remember. “Oh my god mum what if I’m pregnant?!” “Mark?” she said. “Olly.” I replied, looking down at my tummy. She tutted and went off. “where are you going?” I shouted. “We need to see if you’re pregnant!” and she closed the door. How could this happen? And then all these thoughts were running through my head. What if it is Olly’s? how would Keira react? How would Mark react? In the four months we’ve been together, we’ve only slept together two times. I know I know. How bad. And we used protection both times. I honestly don’t think Olly and I used protection. Help. Me.

Mum came back 20 minutes later and handed me the pregnancy test. “Mum what if I am?” I asked her, “do the test and then we’ll discuss.” I nodded and mouthed thank you. She didn’t seem angry, but she didn’t seem over joyed. I went into the bathroom and took the test. This two minutes was the longest two minutes of my life. I unlocked the bathroom door, mum was waiting outside. I handed her the test. She stared at it, and looked at me, smiling.