Chapter Thirty-Six; The Dark

A/N:- hey guyssss! Decided I'm going to change the title to 'Love, Drugs and my Dads Bestmate.' Purely because its more parent friendly and also, it sounds more grown up and professional haha, so let me know what you think about that and hope you enjoy this chapter!

When we got back to Brendan's i couldn't help but have Fletcher on my mind. I hadn't seen him in so long, it felt weird. I just wanted to tell him everything, grab his hand and go to his house and be happy and safe but i knew that wouldn't of been the easy way out, as much as it seemed like it at the time.

I jolted my head round as i saw a figure walking past the window downstairs. I instantly thought it was Tyler for some reason, i don't know why. Why was i even still thinking about him? Three days away from home? Surely my dad had asked him if i was there? Which means Tyler would know i was missing and he hadn't even came to look for me yet? I don't know why i even cared.

I turned back, noticing Brendan was standing awfully close to me before realising he was pointing downstairs back at the basement. 

'I don't wanna go down there Brendan.' I said innocently. I really didn't. It was awful and it smelt bad, everything was just plain creepy about it.

'Well i cant have you up here can i?' he said patronising me. 'All these people walking past and one of them might notice you!' he said with a sarcastic grin. 

'Brendan please, i don't like it.' I said inching away from him and almost forcing the tears out while looking at the floor. The worst part was the dark. I hated the dark. Ever since i was a kid i'd always been afraid of the dark. Not knowing what was in it was the main reason, the fact that anyone could hide beneath the dark and be whoever they wanted. It was almost like a mask, turning even the most friendly and cautious people in to slightly crazy with power mad men.

'Crystal, just get down there. Don't make me hurt you.' he looked at me as though it was a regular occurrence, as though hurting me was normal and there was nothing wrong with it. Maybe to him there wasn't, but i could still remember the first ever time i met him, back when he was such a lovely, genuine guy. It killed me to see us this way when i looked back.

I looked at him with sad eyes, hoping he might see the hurt inside them and maybe let me stay up in the house for tonight. But much to my disappointment he reached out and gave me a nudge, helping me find the stairs to the basement and continue back to where i previously had been staying. 

'I'm having friends over, they can't see you, so..' he called before slamming the door. What?! Friends over? At this time? I tensed up as i realised this meant drinking and drugs and loud men. Maybe the occasional stripper and definitely a lot a music. I wasn't getting any sleep tonight. I looked around me, once again in the dark and felt my way towards the floor. I just wanted to be home.

It wasn't long before i could hear Brendans already drunken friends barging through the front door shouting and cheering, getting welcomed in and offered even more alcohol. I shuffled myself furthur away from the bottom of the stairs, knowing someone might open the door and see me. You'd think id want someone to notice im here so they'd say something to Brendan and help me get out of this crap hole, but no. By the voices, i instantly recognised who they were from school, and they're not the type of guys that would even consider helping me out. They'd all come down here, pointing and laughing at the poor helpless girl that can't do anything but sit on the floor and take the insults they throw at her. They'd taunt me like an animal in a cage. And that's them sober, i dread to think what they'd do after one too many. 

While on a rant to myself in my head i didnt stop to think what advantages i had down here. I was surrounded by a load of Brendan's old stuff? Surely there's got to be a torch or some form of light around here.