Chapter Six; Tell her

I thought he was joking. I knew that he liked messing with my head for no reason other than to get a kick out it. But he seemed so honest this time.

"Im serious Crystal, you're going to have to go change." He looked at me, pretending to be serious and failing because of the smile forcing its way through. He looked at the floor, resting one hand on the wall and let out a slight laugh.

"No way am i changing!" I shot back. "You cant tell me what to do." I let out a cheeky grin and tied my hands behind my back, twisting my body side to side slightly. I walked down the stairs slowly, Tylers head lifted up and he stood there staring at me as i made my way to the bottom. "You're not my boyfriend, after-all." I smirked at him before he held his hand out for me to take.  He watched me taking the last steps before wrapping his arms inappropriately around my waist.

"Told you." he winked. 
I laughed at how playful he was being, besides i were kinda drunk so everything made me laugh a lot more than usual. I put my hands on top of his and slid them down and away from my body while staring at him and biting my lip. He stood there pulling his half pout, half smiley face and chuckled before pulling my hands around his body.

"Just giz' us a cuddle!"
"Just a cuddle." I replied, acting like i was resisting slightly as not to let his ego grow even bigger.

I could feel his muscles under his tight top and his abs pressing against me. He did smell incredibly gorgeous if i'm being totally honest. Mmmmmmm.. 
While i was lost in my own little world, I didn't realize Brendan standing there at the doorway, fuming.
"Oi! Excuse me dude, what d'you think your doing putting your hands on my girl?" Oh dear.. here comes the fireworks.

Tyler backed away from me and looked at Brendan.
"Well, well, well look who it is!" he said bringing his arms out from his sides as though challenging my boyfriend.
"I could say the same fucking thing.."

Confused, i stood near Brendan. He stood in front of me as though to protect me.
"Crystal just go wait outside babe, i'll be out in a minute yeah?"

Just as i was about to obey him and walk out the door, Tyler piped up.
"Naa man! Let her stay here, i wanna see how she reacts when you tell her how you know me."

I swallowed bravely. "Yeah, how do you know him Brendan?" I asked instantly becoming curious.

There was no answer, nothing. He didn't even look at me. I grabbed my purse and stormed off outside, I could hear him following me. 
"Crystal, wait! Come on, ill tell you. Just slow down!"

I stopped and looked at him. "You can't even tell me Brendan. Why can't you tell me? You don't trust me with anything. Is it that bad?"

"No, it's.. well its not bad but.."
"Go on. Im waiting."
"Look you're not staying here Crystal, your coming to live with me. I wont let you stay here with this guy. He's no good."
"What? You can't tell me where i'm staying Brendan. You might think you own me, but you don't. Okay?"
"Your living with me. Its the best thing for you. Please?"
"No. I wanna stay here. I want to live with my dad."
"Why? Don't lie to me Crystal. Have you been getting with him? huh? This Tyler guy? That why you wanna stay here with him?"

My heart sank. How could he ever think i was cheating on him after everything i'd gone through with Tyler trying to stop anything ever even happening in the slightest. I stared back at the guy i was supposed to be in love with. If we didn't have trust, what did we have? We hardly even see each other anymore so, not much. I saw in his eyes that he instantly knew what he'd said wrong.

"Crystal.. I'm sorry. I didn't mean that."
"Save it Brendan."

I walked back towards the house and felt him grab hold of my wrist, pulling on it to keep me with him.

"You're not going back there Crystal! Not without me anyway."
"Oh what you gonna do Bren? You gonna be there to make sure my pants aren't down before i get through the front door so i can sleep with a guy double my age?!" It was the heat of the moment, the patronizing tone came out and I soon regretted it. 

"I love you Crystal, I want you to come and live with me. You're my girlfriend! Why don't you wanna do that?!"

I continued to storm away until i felt my feet lift from the floor. I was being lifted over Brendan's shoulder. I kicked and I screamed and I waved my arms around not because I didn't want to be near Brendan but just to prove a point that he wasn't in charge of me. I then realized that at the time, i kind of embarrassingly looked like a preying mantis. But it didn't matter, i wanted him to let go of me. To let me go back to the house. Why was being with Brendan a constant drama? There was always something going on and i only just realized it. We'd never had just a normal relationship. It frustrated me greatly.