Chapter One; Last night never happened

I looked towards the mirror in my new bedroom. A small smile crept on my lips, last night never happened. I brushed my hands against my flowery dress that came just below my knees, it was perfect for the weather outside. I ran my fingers through my long, straight hair before finally tkaing in a deep breath and walking to the door.

I could hear low deep voices coming from downstairs. It took me all my will power to not run back to the bedroom that i have been hiding in for the past three hours now and dive back in to bed. I walked down the steps, the voices getting louder and louder as i did so.

I was about to open the door when i heard Tyler's sharp velvet voice. My heart instantly started beating faster. "Soooo tell me Joey, where are we going to get the drugs from?"

"I don't know man. We'll find some somewhere. Someone is bound to be selling mate, just let me handle it." I stood there shocked, that was my dads voice.

"Can't you fucking see that i need some now, not to mention everyone else that are basically depending on us." Tyler's voice sounded stressed and annoyed. Half of me wanted to run in to the kitchen and tell him what happened to my mum, tell him how much it's hurt everyone around her and that he's dragging my dad in to the same thing. But i stopped myself.

"Our supplier is out of town this weekend, we'll have to do without."

I decided i had heard enough and opened the door slowly, my dad's head shot up from where he was sat on the kitchen table. "Good morning sweetheart."

"Hey" i said sweetly while walking over to the fridge.

"Come and sit down?" My dad pointed to the seat across from him, ironically right next to Tyler. I hesitantly shut the fridge door and made my way over to the table. I could feel Tyler's gaze on me making me shuffle uncomfortably as i sat on the chair next to him.

"Whats up?" i asked, trying to prevent any awkward silence.

"Nothing, nothing." My dad stuttered slightly. "Did you have a good nights sleep?" he asked, looking at me hopefully.

"Yeah, i really did. That bed in SO comfortable! No wonder you didn't want to give it up Tyler." I smiled and looked at the handsome man sat next to me, awaiting his sly comment. But, nothing.

"I was just wondering what your plans are for today?" My dad asked in an innocent tone. I paused looking up towards him.

"Nothing yet, why?" I answered back. Suddenly I felt a soft hand rest on top of my leg making me snap my head in Tyler's direction. He was just looking at my dad casual as if nothing was happening under the table. Oh he wanted to play it like this did he?

"Well me and Tyler are going to have a few people round." 

"Cool, that's okay. I can be unseen if you want?" I replied acting my usual innocent self. The truth is, i hate people. I hate being social. I hate talking to new guests. I hate it all. Which is why i shocked myself at how confidently cocky i could be around this Tyler guy. I rested my hand on top of his trying to push it away without my dad noticing, but he didn't even budge the slightest.

"Well..I's not that." I looked towards my dad who was looking slightly uncomfortable. 'Their not just people Crystal, their not very nice people. I mean, don't get me wrong, they're nice to us guys but seeing such a pretty woman like you around might make them think its okay to treat you like your worthless. And i really don't want that."

I gaped at him, was he being serious? "Me?"

"Yes, and as a father i don't want any guy touching you." I felt Tyler's hand start to move higher up my leg pushing my dress up slightly. What like the guy next to me?! I wanted to say it out loud but i couldn't even find the words to speak as he slowly started to rub up and down.