Chapter Thirty-Eight; New Life

Life with Fletcher was great. Everything seemed so perfect. He made me happy, he made me feel comfortable about who i was and most importantly, he made me realize there's more men in the world than Tyler Hardy. I still thought about him though. I still had him constantly on my mind. It was kind of hard not to i guess. 

'Babe, you up for the beach?' Fletcher called out, already standing behind me with a towel flung over his shoulder. 'Me and a few guys are going down, check out the waves, maybe catch a tan?' The beach. Instant memories.

'Errr, you go. I really don't feel up to it today babe. I'm not feeling myself, think its that time of month, you know?' He looked at me with sadness in his eyes. Fletcher loved the beach. He told me he used to spend hours there everyday as a kid. Well, he was kind of a big kid at heart which was one of the many things i loved so much about him. 

'You..you sure? I mean, i can stay here if you don't feel well, i'll make you a coffee.' He turned around on his heels instantly and walked over to the counter, grabbing the kettle. 

'No, no im fine. Honestly. I think i just need some girl time baby? I'll take a bath and maybe put a film on!' i said trying to persuade him to just go! Its not that i wanted rid of him, i loved being around him. I think i just honestly did need some me time. Although, the time of the month part was a lie, i still needed to just be around myself for a few hours. 

'Oh, okay sweetie. Whatever you want then. I wont be long okay? Maybe two hours or so? Then i'll be back to check on you.' he smiled and picked up his football from the bottom of the staircase, spinning it on one finger and winking at me. 'Right, okay! I'm off. See you later gorgeous.' he leaned over and gave me a slight peck on the lips.

'See you later.' I replied with a smile, flopping back down on the sofa and remembering my beach day with Tyler. The day everything went wrong without me even knowing about it. I can't even imagine how crap Tyler felt that night, i blamed it all on him too. The same question kept running through my mind over and over. Why doesn't my dad want me to be happy? 

I thought about everything that made me angry once again on my dads part. How he'd ruined part of my life. My life with Tyler. I shook my head quickly and remembered i was with Fletcher now and i had been for almost two weeks! And i felt great. He supported me through everything, made me smile on a daily basis and basically waited on me hand and foot. How could i complain? And why am i even still thinking about Tyler? It frustrated me so much knowing he probably forgot about me long ago, didn't even look back and here i was thinking about him all the time, remembering the memories i made with him. 

I decided right now was time for some more Wine. I went over to the cupboard and grabbed a glass, pouring myself a hefty amount and watching as the condensation formed down the side and tiny droplets of water descended to the marble surface. I swiped up the glass and headed back over to the sofa to slump down and feel sorry for myself. What if this was it? Was this really my life? No family around me, no job, no friends? I took another swag from the glass and swallowed deeply looking back on the last few months of my life.

 Drifting off in to a daze my mind wandered to the future almost in a dream-like state. I could see myself i a brand new home, surrounded by nice things like vases of flowers and glasses of orange juice. The smell of summer oozed through my nostrils and filled my mind with my childhood memories. My mum was sat next to me. She looked absolutely stunning, not like the last few years of her life where she was drained of energy and happiness. She rested her hand on my knee and smiled at me. 

'Be happy.' she said. Moments later before i could even interpret what she was hinting, Fletcher walked in to the room and put his hands on my shoulders, massaging them. 

'Ahhhhh babe, I'm ready for bed tonight gorgeous. I'm so tired already!' he leaned forward and kissed me on the lips before grabbing the orange juice. My mum looked at me again and smiled

I snapped back in to reality and shook my head. Maybe I was meant to be with Fletcher? Why else would we keep meeting by coincidence? I mean, the guy saved my life.

My mind wandered back to my mum and it got me thinking what she would want for me. She would want me to be happy and i was happy with Fletcher, i was. She wouldn't want me being with Tyler anyways and possibly ending up how she was, i knew she hated herself in the last few years of her life. 

I nuzzled in to the cushion and layed back, rest my head. I think i need more wine. 

I stood up and walked over to the kitchen, before grabbing the wine something in the corner of the cupboard caught my eye. There was a small velvet box tucked away behind some glasses. I reached through them all and grasped it in my hand, pulling it forward and it to view. Slowly opening the hinge my heart started to beat faster as it revealed a white gold necklace with a crystal hanging beautifully from it, it was absolutely stunning and in pristine condition. 

Who's was it? Suddenly i assumed he may have bought it for me. What if he had? What if he had actually bought be beautiful expensive jewellery? I hadn't got him anything. Not like i knew why we were gifting each other things! I started to panic wondering whether this was for me or not. I mean, maybe its not? Maybe its for a friend or a family member?

 I put the necklace back in the box and slid it behind the glasses and back to its corner. Exhaling deeply i grabbed the bottle of wine and closed the cupboard, constantly thinking about the necklace. 

The front door opening suddenly caused me to spin round on my heels looking more guilty than ever.

'Oh hey Fletch, you're home early. Didn't stay out long.' I said clutching the bottle of wine between my palms.

'Yeah i know, got kinda windy. Plus i was missing my gorgeous girl.' he smiled at me and walked over, putting his arms over my shoulders and cuddling me from behind. 'You had a good chill out sesh?' he asked tilting his head slightly over mine.

'Oh yeah yeah, had a glass of wine and just layed on the sofa for a while.'

'Great, well go get ready cause I'm taking you somewhere special tonight.' He looked at me and winked before grabbing his beach towel and walking in to the corridor upstairs. 

'But Fletch, i really don't..' I couldn't even finish my sentence to tell him i didn't feel like it before he was already in the bedroom. Urgh, i just had no energy today! No motivation at all. Maybe i do need a nice night out. I suppose i'd feel better after a shower and once i've done my hair. Fletcher was so sweet, i honestly couldn't ask for a better guy.

A/N - Hey, i know this is short and its taken me ages but like i say, college work comes first now :( i love writing this but my course has so much work its unreal and i find it really hard to fit time in so im really really sorry about that, feel like an awful person :(

But yeah, the story is pretty much finished and wrote out on another document so im gonna upload it to amazon in the next few days! Also it will be spellchecked and grammer checked so its taken a while. I'll let you all know when its up if your even interested :D Then ill have to re-write the chapters on to wattpad because it doesnt allow copy and pasting so it may take a little longer on here than on amazon but i'll get it done :) Thanks for reading!! Really really really appreciate it :D