Chapter Nineteen; Hotel room

I looked at the front door and paused. The only thing keeping me going was the warmth from Tyler's hand. He looked at me and waited for my approval before opening the door and leading me inside. I looked around the room, my dad was sat in the corner on the sofa, looking surprised that i had turned up.

'Hey dad.' I spoke first, using all my courage, pulling nervously at my clothes.

No reply.

My dad looked at me and looked away, leaning forward to reach for his cigarette tin with a deep sigh. I waited, expecting him to be thinking of a huge apology speech but not a word escaped his mouth.

'I know i shouldn't of left without telling you. I know that but..' I couldn't think of anything else to say to him so i stood once again waiting for a reply. He looked away from me, focusing his eyes on something out the window, inhaling the smoke from his cigarette.

Tyler snaked his arm around my back and looked at me, pulling me back and leading me out the room silently.

'Come on, we'll go get your stuff?' he whispered before taking me up the stairs.

A sudden rage came upon me, why was my dad ignoring me? Couldn't he understand i just needed some time to think? This is all so new to me as-well, he never thinks about anyone apart from himself!

Tyler could tell i was angry, he looked at me and raised his hands backing up.

'Whats...up?' he hesitated to ask.

'Whats up? Really Tyler? Okay, here goes.'

I saw his eyes roll in his head as he sighed and rested one arm on the frame of the door, just as he had done when he came to bring me my dress.

'I'll tell you whats up. My dad who i haven't seen in years finally decides he wants something to do with me, then i come here thinking i can finally have a relationship with him and i find out he takes drugs! There's this guy living with him, that's you, who cant make up his mind. One day he likes me, one day he hates me, another day hes flirting with me and sometimes he completely ignores me. I also meet this other guy along the way that i really like, find out hes gay and his gay boyfriend pervs on me after i come out the shower. I try patching things up with my dad and he also (like you) completely ignores me. That's whats up.'

Everything went silent for a few seconds before Tyler edged closer towards me.

'Gay boyfriend? Who's that?'

'This guy Fletcher was going out with, but he's already had a go at him over that so, you need'nt butt in.'

He looked down at the floor and ran his hand through his hair.

'So you packing or what then?'

'Oh yeah, i almost forgot. You think i don't know why your trying to get me to stay in an hotel with you? You think i don't know the reason every guy tries doing this? Some alone time? Privacy? Well you can forget it, i'd rather stay here with my arsehole of a dad.'

'What the actual fuck are you on about Crystal?' Tyler squinted his eyes and looked at me with confusion.

'I know you only want to go and get a hotel so you can try it on. Again.'

Tyler laughed loudly and sat down next to me, looking directly in to my eyes.

'Crystal, if i wanted to try it on with you, i'd do it here. I wouldn't pay money to go and stop in a hotel, would i? Im doing this so you've got somewhere to stay for a while instead of being around all this. Plus i know your dads having a massive party tonight that i didn't think you'd be too crazy about. But if you wanna throw it all back in my face, go ahead. I can party till the sun comes up!' he threw his hands in the air and did a sort of raving motion, making me giggle.