Chapter Twenty-One; Wine & Dine.

After around ten minutes, i heard the door handle turning as Tyler entered the bathroom. 

'Are you? Okay?' he asked cautiously, as though i was gonna snap his head off. 

'Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. Just needed some time alone.' 

'Good. I was starting to get a little worried.' he chuckled the words out at me, tilting his forehead towards me and kinking one side of his mouth up to a half smile. 

Before i could even think about what i was going to say, my lips blurted it out.

'Tyler, did you bring me here for this?'

'For what?'

'For this! For what just happened! Is that the reason you got an expensive room? To impress me? Did you think somewhere in that head of yours that all of this would make me want to sleep with you?' I edged closer towards, making him inch back. 

'Woah, woah. Calm down! I understand it's your first time doing anything.. intimate. But don't go off on one with me!' he winked slyly at me and bit his lip in an effort to be 'funny'.

'Its not my first time.' I lied. 

'Im pretty sure..-' I cut him off before he could even finish.

'You know what Tyler? I think your hurt. That's why you sleep around and that's why you take drugs.' he groaned slightly and tilted his head.

'No,' he mumbled. 'I dont get hurt, Crystal.'

'No, you don't admit that you get hurt. You get angry, you cover it up and then you do something stupid.'

'I still think you care about me though, am i ri-'  

He smothered his body closer to me in a swaying motion, standing behind me and looking at me through the mirror before i cut him off once again.

'Shut-up, shut-up, shut-up! This isn't me, this isn't what my mum would have wanted. You have to understand that. As long as your taking drugs Tyler, nothing can ever happen between us. I've lost someone i care about to them before and the only way it wont happen with you, is if i never care, and i don't. I don't care about you one bit'

'Wow... Now I'm hurt.' he looked down at the floor, pushed his lips tightly together and turned around slowly, walking out of the bathroom. I looked at my reflection in the mirror, closed my eyes and let out a deep sigh before following him. 

'You know what i meant Tyler. You know i cant get close to people after what happened to my mum. And then i come here with a little bit of hope, thinking i might be able to bond with my dad to find out hes a complete disappointment.'

'Yeah, well I'm a huge disappointment too so, don't waste your time.' I looked up and held my stare with him for a moment or two. 

'Don't look at me with those, gorgeous yet judging little eyes Crystal.' he said before winking at me and stalking off in to the bedroom. I rolled my eyes and walked over to the counter to make myself a cup of coffee. 

'So how was it?' i heard Tyler calling from the bedroom. I shook my head even though he couldn't see me and continued making my coffee. Unfortunately he had to grab my attention somehow so he flounced up to the door way and lent on the frame, repeating himself.

'So how was it?' he said with a sly smirk on his face. 

'How was what, exactly?' i replied.

'You know, your first time doing anything.'

'We never had sex Tyler.' I said, patronizingly, looking away from him wide-eyed, stating the obvious.

'Did we not? You mean, Ive been doing it wrong all these years?' he shot the words back, coated in sarcasm.