Chapter Ten; Desperate

I thought about it before i wearily walked back down the stairs, grabbing a t-shirt on my way down. I pulled it on and breathed in deeply before heading back in to the kitchen.

Should i act shocked? Upset? As-if it never bothered me? Why was i even bothered! My dad has hardly been there for me for the past seventeen years, why should his opinion mean anything to me now?  

I glided in to the kitchen, waiting for Tylers smug face to greet me. He noticed me walk in and stood up, he moved closer towards me and lowered his head to my level. 

"Are you okay Crystal?" He asked. Woah, Tyler? Being considerate? Ha, this was a first. 

"Yeah I'm fine thanks, I just don't get why he was so pissed off"

"He's just trying to protect you, you're his little girl." he winked at me and wrapped his arm around my body, pulling me close in to him. 

"Well he's never been bothered before, I don't see why he should start now."

"He's always been bothered, I've known your dad about 8 years. A day hasn't passed without him wondering or thinking about you. He cares Crystal and he's just trying to be a good father."

"But nothing happened between me and Fletcher, okay? He is honestly just a friend."

"Yeah yeah, come on! What really happened then?" He raised his eyebrows at me and smirked, waiting for my reply. I groaned and pushed him away. 

"Don't you people get it? He's gay!"

Tyler looked at me and raised both eyebrows, tilting his forehead towards me before bursting out laughing. I looked at the floor feeling both humiliated and angry. 

"What's so funny?" i asked furrowing my brows.

"What's so funny? Whats so funny!?" He repeated. "You tried it on with a guy that's gay. That's hilarious!" He continued to laugh, grabbing his stomach and leaning forward. Suddenly he stopped and looked at me. He was trying to hold back the laughter and a smirk smeared across his face. 

"Look Crystal, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-" I cut him off. 

"Forget it Tyler." I turned around and walked out of the room. Before i exited i looked to my right with my back towards him. 

"Oh and just so you know, to say he was gay, he was a much better kisser than you." I walked away hearing nothing more from Tyler and felt a sense of proudness overwhelm me. I hated being controlled. And in some weird way, Tyler controlled me. I don't know how he did it or why, he just did. And that scared me.

I floated upstairs feeling relieved and walked in to my room. I sat on my bed and thought about everything that had happened in the past two days. 

Getting drunk for the first time;check. 

Being confident enough to talk to a guy;check. 

Finding out my boyfriend takes drugs;check.

Breaking up with my boyfriend;check.

My first kiss with Tyler;check.

Trying to get with someone;check.

Realising he's gay;double check. 

Falling out with my dad, arguing with him, shouting at him and causing him to drive away from the house, making me completely worried and leaving me alone with Tyler;check. 

I stood in front of my mirror again as i did last night, remembering how i looked then and how i looked now. Before in my friends beautiful designer dress, my hair was done, my make-up, everything. And now, i looked like a mess. My hair was messy, i was wearing a baggy t-shirt and a pair of shorts and my make-up had smudged all over my face. Brilliant. 

I could hear footsteps coming up the stairs, they were slow, heavy and thought out. I stared through my doorway, waiting for him to appear round the corner. I really couldn't be doing with either my dad or Tyler at the moment, so i was hoping it was a random guy from the party last night, still half drunk and just looking for the toilet.

Unfortunately, it was Tyler.

I watched him as he walked towards my door, looking mysterious. I felt cautious with the way he was acting, it seemed as though he was going to lash out. Either that, or he'd been on something downstairs and was one hundred percent high. 

He leaned on my door frame with one hand and rested his head against the raised arm. He looked around my room as i sat there in silence waiting for what he was about to do. 

Finally he spoke. 

"You know Crystal, I've got to admit, I'm kind of relieved the kid's gay. But if you wanted it that bad.. you could of had sex with me."

"Leave me alone, Tyler. I'm not in the mood for you or your snide little comments so just, go away."

He laughed to himself and looked down at the floor before staring directly in to my eyes. 

"You wanted sex so bad, you were gonna try and get it from a gay guy. You know what that means? It means he likes cock.'

I stood up and moved closer to him, poking him in his abs and spitting the words in to his face. 

"Look, I don't care about you okay? I don't like you. I don't care what you do or why you do it. Where you go or anything. So why don't you do us all a favour? Hmm? Fuck off and stop ruining my dads life!"

He looked at me confused. 

"Me ruin his life? You're the one that caused him to leave his own home, to get away. He's never done that before you arrived."

"Shut up Tyler! Just shut up!" I tried pushing him out of the door way, so i could close the door. I failed miserably once again. You think i'd learn.

"And that's why.." He continued. "That's why.. because you were so desperate for sex. Didn't Brendon give you enough Crystal? Is that why you dumped him? Is that why you ended it with the only guy that does and ever will care about you?"

I could tell he was high, his eyes were half closed and he were slurring his words. Drugs were good for nothing.

"You know why i broke up with him? Because he's a dirty crackhead, just like you."

He laughed to himself yet again and looked at me with a big smile and droopy eyes. 

"Your own mother took drugs. She killed herself and she left you alone because of drugs. You knew she was on them. You knew for four years and you never did anything to stop her. Oh yeah, I've heard all the precious details from your dad. Why didn't you ignore her? Why didn't you come here as soon as you knew she was taking drugs? Or was it because she was your perfect mummy, never letting you see anything about the real world, keeping you in bubble wrap and protecting you from reality. It's her fault your as fucked up as you are now, your-"

I brought my fist back and swung as hard as i could, coliding my hand with the side of his face. I'd never hit anyone that hard before. I'd never hit anyone at all before.

Tyler fell back on to the wall and slid down it, clutching the side of his face. Blood starting oozing from a cut that had formed on his eyebrow. He look heavily drunk. Almost as though he didn't even feel a thing. He stood up with immense difficulty and sauntered up to me, i was shaking with fear. What was he gonna do? He was going to hit me back, i knew it. He's absolutely mental when he's on drugs. They brought out the worst in everyone. I knew that better than anyone. He brought his lips to my ear, resting his chin on my shoulder and whispered 'Good girl.' before collapsing on to my un-made bed. 

I sat down and stared at the twenty-eight year old, high, bloody faced male layed on my bed and couldnt help but feel sorry for him. My fist was throbbing. Why was he doing this to himself?