Chapter Thirty-Seven; Wine Time

On the drive home i told Fletcher everything about Tyler. I told him what had happened at Brendan's and how i ended up there, i told him how i felt about my dad and that i had no clue what to do anymore basically. He was really supportive, as you'd imagine Fletcher to be, he comforted me by telling me he was gonna be here and he was never gonna let me get in that situation again. 

I was really grateful for everything he had down, but for some reason, part of me wished that it was Tyler who had come to the rescue, Tyler that had known something was wrong. Why couldn't i stop thinking about him? He obviously didn't care. He wouldn't of left me in the first place if he did. 

We pulled up outside Fletcher's house and i instantly felt safe and happy. I hopped out the car and followed him to the front door, waiting eagerly for him to open in. Before he could even invite me in, i was already sprawled out on the sofa, face down in to a pillow, appreciating its comfort. 

'Oh my god, Fletcher! Thank-you so much, you really don't know how much this means to me.' As i was talking, i could feel myself dropping off in to sleep. I felt the sofa go down on one side when i noticed Fletcher sitting beside me. I turned my head to look at him and smiled before closing my eyes. 

'Hey, hey, don't you want some food first? Maybe a shower? Change of clothes?' he looked at me concerned and ran his hand gently down the side of my face. I put all my effort in to sit up and nodded slightly before walking upstairs to the bathroom. I draped my body along the stairway banister and leaned over, looking at him. 

'You're a good guy Fletcher. I mean that.' I smiled and continued on to his bathroom, undressing and sliding in to the shower quickly so i could get downstairs and make some food before going to sleep, i was absolutely starving. 

After a short shower, i wrapped the towel around myself and walked in to Fletcher's room where he had layed out a pair of his shorts and a top. I smiled without noticing and pulled them on, trying not to take anything for granted. I sat on his bed, crossed my legs and looked around. I instantly started to feel so bad about what happened before. He was only trying to protect me, just as he had done again tonight. I really should be more grateful and show him my appreciation. 

I stood up and walked on the landing, heading towards the stairs and feeling the soft, plush carpet in between my toes as i walked down each step. Before even reaching the bottom, the delicious aroma of food filled my nostrils. I inhaled deeply almost tasting it at the back of my throat and moaning slightly to myself at how good it smelt. 

'I've made you food.' Fletcher said as soon as he noticed me walking down the stairs. He smiled and looked back at his creation. 'It's err, it's nothing special but i didn't have much time.' He scratched his head and waited for my response. Squinting my eyes and smiling slightly i walked over to him.

'Thank-you so much. It's perfect.' I looked down at the food and saw the soft pasta coated in a creamy sauce with tiny chunks of bacon and a slight smell of garlic. It looked delicious. 'How did you know how much i love pasta?!' I said smiling ecstatically and picking up a fork. He passed me the bowl, looking rather happy that i was pleased with his cooking. 

'Well, last time you were here you mentioned it i think.' he got himself a fork and his bowl and followed me over to the sofa, sitting next to me. That's when it hit me, he still remembers last time, he still thinks about it. I couldn't believe how much of a bitch i was to him. I put my fork down and looked at him.

'What? Don't you like it? I can make you something else if you want?' 

'No, no.' I replied. 'Its perfect, i just wanted to talk to you, you know about last time.' 

'Yeah?' he said, copying me and putting his fork down, looking at the bowl.

'Im so sorry. You didn't do anything wrong Fletcher, you know that? I was just being a complete idiot and..-'