Chapter Eighteen; Spiderman

To my amazement, Fletcher stood in front of me and directed Ben towards the door. What had i done? I kept hoping to myself i hadn't just ended Fletcher's relationship, that the one thing he still had faith in was gone.

'Woah, woah.. Dude?!' Ben exclaimed, raising his arms up in the air, confused as to why he was being kicked out. 'What have i done?'

'You know exactly what you've done. Now leave before i make you.'

'Excuse me?' Ben back-chatted. 'You've got no eyes left to blacken man, so back off!' Ben pushed Fletcher abruptly at the shoulders showing his dominance. I couldn't believe he'd just threatened him! I moved towards the side of Fletcher and wrapped the towel around my body even tighter, almost as-if using it to cuddle up against. Fletcher laughed and looked down the floor, nodding slightly and biting his bottom lip while keeping up the smile.

'Yeah... But you have?' his smile suddenly turned to anger as he reached up, grabbing Ben by the neck and pushing him against the wall. 'You gonna fuck off now?' he growled at him, through his teeth.

Ben struggled to pull himself away from the wall, trying to push Fletcher back. I could see the pain in his eyes, as they filled up with the amount of strength Fletcher was pushing on his windpipe. I know he'd been in the room with me when i was getting changed, but maybe he was just socially awkward and shocked that i was you know, naked. Maybe it wasn't his fault? He never tried it on with me. Yeah he got an erection, but wouldn't any guy even at the thought of a naked female? Well, unless they were in to boys. Ben must be bisexual.

'Fletcher, don't!' i urged, trying to get his hand away from Ben's neck before he strangled him. 'You've got it all wrong, nothing happened! Just let go of him!' I tried pulling on his arm, pushing his body back and even wrapping my arms around his waist to try and pull him off Ben, but nothing was any good. His hand kept tight, closing in even more on Ben's throat.

Before i knew it, he let him drop to the floor, gasping for air. I looked up at the man i thought was perfect. The man i thought i could tell anything to and be more comfortable around than my own dad. He wasn't the person i thought he was. How could someone so playful and loving do this to someone else? I hate violence, there's just no point in it, really?

I quickly grabbed my dress, ran in to the bathroom and pulled it on over my body, letting my still wet hair drape over my shoulders. Before running down the stairs, I snatched my phone from where i left it in the bathroom and got myself out of there as fast as i could. Fletcher was great. For a while. But then again, everyone is until you actually get to know them..

I rushed myself down the street, the rain hitting me hard. I had no shoes on, my hair was already dripping wet and i was wearing the tiniest dress in the world. There was no doubt i was gonna catch a cold from this! I ran past Starbucks, looking in at where i sat with Fletcher, remembering how i felt about him before i knew what he was like. I mean, growing the drugs? That was bad. That was really bad. But holding someone up by their throat until they were on the brink of suffocating? That's just evil. I couldn't do that even to my worst enemy. Hell, i couldn't ever do that to an animal never-mind a person.

I stood in the shelter of the Starbucks cafe and looked down at my phone. I went over to contacts and hesitated over the name. Tyler. Shall i call him? Do i really want him getting the satisfaction of me needing him? It was raining so bad though, i couldn't walk home in this. I know its not a great distance away but it was freezing and Tyler had a car. Well, my dad had a car that Tyler used more than he did.

I was distracted from my daydream by a loud screeching noise coming from down the street about 30 meters away. I jolted my head towards the noise, hoping nobody had been in a car accident and was hurt or injured. From the distance i saw the blur through the rain of a dark figure heading in my direction. I could tell it was gonna be one of those 'pretend to look at your phone when someone walks by you to avoid any awkward eye contact' situations, so I nonchalantly looked down at my phone, still daring myself to call Tyler. I didn't really see the big deal I was making out of it, I just really didn't want him thinking he was like my hero or something, I knew it would go straight to his head, making it even bigger than it already was.