Chapter Fourty-Three; Sticky Beer Mats

I placed myself gracefully on the stool at the bar, taking in my surroundings. Sticky beer matts, wooden furnishing and shelves upon shelves of alcohol. The smell of cider filled my nostrils made me unsure about this whole thing but hey? i had nowhere better to be. 

Swinging my legs round on the stool, i looked at the nameless man sat next to me. 

'So, what you having?' he said waiting for my response.

'Urm just a coke please.' The guy reached over for the bartenders attention and spoke. 

'A vodka and coke please and... a beer.' he held out a crisp twenty pound note and waited for his order. 

'Hey! i only wanted coke.' i blurted out at him in disgust. 

'Your gonna complain at me for buying you a more expensive drink? Wow, i really can not win with women.' he chuckled to himself and raised one eyebrow at me. 'Come on, live a little.' he looked away and furrowed his brows towards the bar before looking directly back at me. 'Oh and smile, its not going to kill you.' His grin grew as he handed the money over to the bartender and retrieved the drinks, sliding mine over. 

'Well, well i know. I just don't really drink.' I replied with a stutter. 

'Well, well now you do.' he mocked me and signalled over to the previous seats i was sitting at in the corner, enticing me over with his eyes. I followed him like a sheep. A weary, very cautious sheep. 

We sat down and he rested his arms on the back of the booth, stretching out and looking at me as though wondering about my life story. 

'So, what's your name doll?' 

'Crystal. What's yours?' i looked down at my thighs after replying, waiting to hear his voice.

'Name's Jordan.' he pushed his fingers through his hair and rested both hands on his lap. 'I'll start.' he said before inching slightly closer to me. 'I work at the lumberyard on the main road, but i am not a lumberjack don't ever call me that, its not the best job but you know, it pays the bills for my fucking awesome penthouse.' I giggled slightly at his honesty and let him continue. 'I don't normally pick girls up at bars but I'm having a pretty good today and i saw that you clearly wasn't, kinda proves I'm a nice guy and I'm not here to kill you.' he winked at me before finishing his story. ' I live with my best mate, Rachel, and shes a beautician. Sometimes i let her put make-up on me.'

I covered my mouth and giggled a little bit more before resting it on my lap and smirking at him with a raised eyebrow. 'Oh, how very masculine.' I joked. 

'Your turn.' He said, taking a mouth-full of his beer. 

'Urm.. Well..' and this is when it happened.. 'My mum recently passed away, i got forced to go and live with my dad who just so happens to be a drug dealer. His best mate, Tyler, fucked my life up, exposing my now 'ex' boyfriend for who he is, then for some bizarre reason i fell in love with Tyler, i lost my virginity to him and had the best time of my life spending time with him, then my dad disagreed and went mental, Tyler left me and i went and stopped with my fake gay best-friend who turned out to have a thing for me, we dated for a while and then i called it off, went home to make up with my dad and turns out him and Tyler are best mates again, so here i am. I don't have a job or a penthouse or even just a house for that matter and that's me. No friends, no family, nothing.' 

I looked up at Jordan. He was staring blankly at me. He reached down for his beer and downed the whole thing. 'Drink up.' he said before standing up and walking to the bar again. Moments later he came back with ten shots on a tray, another vodka and coke and another beer for himself. He put the tray in front of me. 'We've got all night babe.' I smiled, oddly relieved that he didn't judge me at all. Especially after that episode. I felt like i was on the set of The Only Way is Essex. So much drama.

Jordan halved the shots and shuffled five of them over to me. I sighed and reached down for one of them winking at him before knocking the burning liquid down my throat. He half smiled and looked at me challengingly. 

'Oh yeah?' He grabbed his first shot, knocked it back, got another and did the same and then again one more time. 'Beat that.' he said with a smirk.

I looked down and smiled slyly before finishing all four of my shots and letting out a not very feminine burp. Covering my mouth with my hand i couldnt help but smile and lean forward watching him shaking his head jokingly. He finished his last shot and began on with his beer. 

'Come on, slow poke.' he winked at me making sure i was heading for my vodka and coke. 

After about 45 minutes i swear i couldn't even read the numbers on his jersey anymore. I was rather drunk, not going to lie. After my third attempt at getting up and stumbling to the toilet i could see Jordan staring at me. 

'Do you want a hand love?' he said with a slight laugh to his tone. 'Come here, give us your hand.' He took ahold of one of my hands and put his other around my waist, leading me in the direction of the toilet. I could tell most of the reason i was even walking straight was because he was holding me up. I instantly regretted drinking so much. He burst in to the womans toilets with me. 'Man alert ladies, cover yourselves up.' he shouted as he walked me in to the toilets. He placed me carefully in a cubicle and waited outside the toilet door for me to finish. 

What a nice guy, i instantly thought. Wow, why couldn't i have got my mitts on this babe a year or so ago? I sat down realising how drunk i was. I kept telling myself i wasn't and then started laughing at how funny i was. Yep, deffinitely drunk. I stood up and stumbled out the cubicle where a slightly drunk Jordan held me to the sink and splashed water over my face. Before drying me with a paper towel he glanced at me chuckling to himself. The cold water sobered me up a little, i laughed back before cupping a load of it in my hands and drinking like a camel from them. Refreshing.

A/N - Hey! Sorry this chapter is kinda short, but i couldnt wait to finish before getting some of your opinions :) 

Im thinking of changing the title of the book, something without 'my dads best mate' in it. I was wondering if any of you had any ideas? Seen as though you've read this far so you practically know the story as much as me :) Leave your comments below :)

If i choose your idea for the title, i'll dedicate a couple chapters to you as a thankyou, follow you and comment some friendly criticism on one of your storys/poems. I'll also help out with anything you need towards your story/poem! I'll also obviously give you credit for the title :)

Thanks a lot guys and hope you enjoy reading :) thankyou!