Chapter Seventeen: Uh-oh..

After a few minutes of awkward silence between myself and the bathroom, i heard Fletcher gently tapping his knuckles around the center of it.

'Crystal, you okay? You've been in there twenty minutes now.' I didn't know what to say for the life of me, he'd been so honest, i couldn't just lie and say i was fine. I stood up from the back of the door and peeled it open, staring at him with my big, red, puffy eyes. Before i even knew what i was leading myself in to, i slung my arms around his neck and rested my head on his left shoulder.

'Thankyou for being honest with me.' I glared up at him and let a small smile creep across my face. 'Shall we get ready then?' i asked.

'Yeah o..of-course!' Fletcher replied, stuttering. Probably taken by surprise that i still wanted to go out. I glided past him, stroking my hand over his abs and walked in to the bedroom, picking the tiny piece of material up and flashing it at him.

'Are you sure this will look alright?' i asked, a confused expression on my face.

'Yeah, yeah you'll look great!' he replied.

'Well I'm just gonna get a shower, if that's okay? And then get ready.'

'Course, be my guest. I had one this morning so I'm all good.'

It was perfect how me and Fletcher hardly knew each other at all, and yet could fall out and ten minutes later.. well twenty minutes later, we were acting like normal around each other once again. I loved our relationship, even if it wasn't really a relationship at all. I think Fletcher made our relationship what it actually is. If he hadn't of been so open and fun with me when i came to fetch him his blazer, i would've just sat there.. all shy. Just mumbling the occasional word. And then probably left to go back home, crying inside at how i couldn't bare to do it, and the chance that i might never see Fletcher again. 

I closed the bedroom door and undressed myself, sliding Fletcher's cosy dressing gown on afterwards. I pulled a towel from the cupboard and cautiously opened the bedroom door, not knowing whether Fletcher was gonna still be there or not. Surprisingly he was not.

I stalked along the corridor and entered the bathroom. Closing the door and dropping the dressing gown to the floor. I turned the shower on and hopped in, feeling the hot water splash all over my body, making me nice and warm. I looked around at Fletcher's shower gel collection and didn't think he'd mind me using some. So I picked up the bright red bottle that smelt of strawberries and cream.

After lathering myself in it, I washed my hair and rinsed as usual, watching all the soapy residue wash down my body and drain down the plug hole. I turned off the shower and carefully climbed out, making sure i wasnt going to slip and break one of my hips or something stupid. I had a tendancy to injure myself right before doing something fun. I broke my leg two days before going to a theme park, fractured my wrist before going on holiday, slipped on a puddle and got concussion 20 minutes before my flight to America! I was a walking hazard!

I wrapped the towel around my body and left my damp, half dried hair to hang loosely over my shoulders before opening the bathroom door. The cold air hit me, leaving me refreshed. I walked over in to my room, and went straight towards the wardrobe, searching for the tiny dress i hung in there earlier. I closed the door before letting my towel drop to the floor, so my body could dry faster. 

I then reached over to my left and grabbed the hairdryer. I noticed a figure in the corner of my eye, stood meters away from me. In my panic i turned directly towards it, trying to cover my dignity with only my two hands. Oh my god, i was so embarrassed! How is this even happening to me?!

I shot down to the floor and grabbed my towel, covering my body with it as the figure shot his body round away from me.

'Ben! What are you doing? Get out!' i screamed, feeling so humiliated and kind of scared. 

'I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!' he stumbled, covering his face with his hands. 'I didn't know you were coming in here, i thought Fletcher was sleeping in this room! Then i was going to see if you left to get your clothes and just slide out!' He turned around after realising i was covered up, and screwed his face up at me, looking guilty and almost as embarrassed as i were.

Then my attention turned to something else..

My eyes scanned down his body, stopping at his crotch. He was definitely happy to see me. I stared at him in shock, not knowing whether it was the size of his downstairs area or the fact he hadn't noticed it had grew that was leaving me speechless. His eyes followed mine until we were both stood there awkwardly staring down at his erection. 

'I thought you liked.. boys?' i asked him, hoping to make the moment less awkward.

'I'm, erm, bisexual. I like girls too.' He said sharply before covering himself with his hands just as i were a few seconds ago. 

'Oh right.' I answered back, laughing slightly to break the tension. All i could think of was why he wasn't leaving?! We were both creeped out, and feeling awkwardly stupid but yet he stood there still looking at me as though waiting for approval to leave. 

I looked at the floor and cleared my throat, hoping that was enough to make him leave. But before i knew it Fletcher was already on his way upstairs. Well at least i hoped it was Fletcher, unless he had anymore lodgers in his shed that enjoyed watching me getting changed.I looked at Ben as panic spread across his face.

'What am i gonna do?' he asked me, with his eyes wide open.

'What do you mean? Walk out? Let me get changed?'

'No i mean about..' he pointed down towards his crotch and strained his face. I then suddenly knew what he meant. 

I could hear Fletcher reaching the top of the stairs and nearing towards the bedroom. 

'Crystal? You in there?'

'Yeah Fletch!' I answered, just hoping to make this awkward tension between me and Ben disappear. Unfortunately, like always, i only made things worse. Fletcher opened the door and looked directly at me, not even noticing Ben was in the room. Well at least i know i wasn't the only one that didn't look around the room as soon as i entered. 

'Hey, you okay? I heard..-' he cut himself off by turning around and noticing Ben standing there across the room. 

'Hey Fletcher, i was just.. i was.. seeing what Crystal was wearing. You know? Just giving her some advice.' Ben answered, stuttering and flickering his eyes all over the place. 

Fletcher raised both his eyebrows up as his eyes met Bens hands, obviously knowing why they were there. His eyes widened before looking at me in just a towel and then back at Ben.

'Get out my house.'

Get out of his house? What did he think? That i was getting with his boyfriend after i'd been in the shower? And now he was telling me to leave? Brilliant.