Chapter Fourteen; Ben

I woke up and welcomed the day with a massive yawn. Stretching as i turned round and leaned my arm out to reach Fletcher. Huh? My hand couldn't reach him, as it flopped out on to an empty space next to me. He was gone. I hadn't slept in that late had i? Embarrassment came over me as i imagined him thinking i was using his house as somewhere to laze around. 

I slid my hand underneath the pillow and frantically searched for my mobile phone. Bringing it out, i looked at the time. 8:03AM. I was glad i hadn't slept in too late, but couldn't help but wonder why Fletcher had been up so early? I flung myself out of bed and cautiously walked out of the bedroom. 

"Fletcher?" I whispered, wondering if he had maybe gone to sleep in the other room cause i was taking all the room up. He wasn't in the bathroom, or anywhere upstairs for that matter. I leant over the banister and listened for him. He was downstairs and either having a conversation with the TV or he had company. Great! I cant just walk down there, what if he didnt wake me up cause he didn't want anyone knowing i was here? What if he wants a private conversation with that person and i go down there!?

After thinking it over, i decided to actually go downstairs. I mean, if he didnt want me to know, he would of been whispering, right? Or maybe he would of gone outside to talk or something? I braced myself and took the first few steps down the stairs. The floor instantly creaked and i knew at that moment i had no chance of going back to bed now. 

I arrived at the bottom of the stairs and turned myself in to the living room. There was Fletcher stood up, holding a can of pop and staring down at another man sat on the sofa in front of him. He looked up at me, one hand in his pocket and raised his eyebrows. He took the hand from his pocket and gestured me over to him. 

"Hey! This is Crystal, she's stopping over here for a while." I looked down at the guy sat on the sofa right in front of me. Fletcher wrapped his arm around me and rested it on my shoulder, pulling me closer to him.

"Hey?" I replied, as the guy held his hand out to me. 

"Im Ben." He said as he shook my hand. "Nice to meet you, Crystal." Ben had dark hair and slight tan, completely different to Fletcher. He was deffinitely stylish and held an aura about him.

"Nice to meet you too" I smiled. I looked back up at Fletcher and widened my eyes, giving him my confused expression. 

"Oh! Ben's my boyfriend. We've been together a few week now." Fletcher smiled at me and waited for my answer. He actually had a boyfriend? He never told me. Well, I know we've only just met ourselves but i thought the topic would of arisen at some point. 

"Oh? That's awesome. I never knew you were in a relationship Fletcher!" I made an over-exaggerated  grin at him and nudged him with my shoulder. 

"I'm sure I mentioned it at some point?" He answered with a happiness in his voice. 

Ben laughed and looked at us both, i could tell this was an awkward situation. Either Ben thought i fancied Fletcher, which i sort of do? But Fletcher is gay, with Ben. So, you can see how I'm feeling right now. This was just one of them moments no one ever wants to go through. Meeting new people has never been something I'm entirely good at, I'm starting to think I'm anti-social. 

I looked at Fletcher, then at Ben and breathed in. 

"So shall i go make us some food?" I said using the most 'Im-trying-to-make-this-conversation-less-awkward.' voice i could possibly think of. 

"That'd be great! I really fancy a bacon sandwich!" Ben said, also trying to keep the conversation going. 

"Well how about i go cook them and you guys can get to know each other?" I looked at Fletcher, was he being serious? Could he not see how awkwardly inclined i was?!