Chapter Fifteen; Phonecall

Ben rested his hand on my knee and pulled the quilt over me. 

"Okay, so what happened?" he asked cautiously.

"My boyfrie- ex boyfriend just came round and i just kinda got really emotional over it. I'll be fine, honestly, I don't even know why I'm crying." I wiped my tears away and widened my eyes, sniffing inwards and then letting out a huge sigh. 

"So what did he say to you?"

"Well, he admitted about cheating on me, kinda. And i found out the other day that he'd been taking drugs for a while, without even saying anything to me. He knows everything I've been through and I just.." I trailed off grunting.

"Oh. That's bad. Well, Fletcher's gone to have a word with him anyway. He cares a lot about you."

"I hope he doesn't get hurt, Brendan's sometimes violent. And yeah, I know, its really weird, I hardly know him but I feel like we've been best friends for ages."

"Well that's good then." Ben stated rubbing my knee with comfort.

He leaned in next to me and stared in to my eyes. 

"God, those eyes."

I blushed and turned away, letting a smile creep on to my face. He put his hand under my chin and lifted my face up to look at him. 

"Don't worry about your ex-boyfriend. He's quite obviously realised that he's lost a lot more than just 'some girl' now. Or else he wouldn't of come back here. I don't know you that much, but I know you can do better than him. If a guy is ever worth your tears, he wouldn't make you cry anyway."

He kissed my forehead and waved slightly before sinking down the stairs back to Fletcher. I couldn't help but hope that Fletcher was okay. And in a weird way, hope that Brendan was okay. I had no idea whether Fletcher were violent or strong, but I knew I didn't want either of them getting hurt, not because of me anyway.

I felt rubbish after having a conversation with Brendan, he drained me emotionally. I curled up in to the corner, closed my eyes and thought about what I was going to do for the rest of my stay here at Fletcher's. 

"Crystal? Crystal.." I heard Fletcher whispering my name. I must of fallen asleep. I woke up in the darkness and got kinda scared, hoping it was Fletcher I had heard and not my imagination running wild. I stirred and sat up slightly.

"Ahh, your awake." He whispered. 

"My god Fletcher, you scared me! What are you doing?"

"Was just waking you up, gently." He laughed and helped himself on the bed, sitting right beside me. 

"In the dark?"

"Yeah well the light would of burnt your eyes!" he laughed again. "You're welcome." he said in a smug tone, i could tell he had a smile on his face, the way he spoke. 

He directed my head to lean on his shoulder and wrapped his arm around me before sighing slightly.

"Fletcher? Do you think i'll ever have a real relationship with my dad?" I asked as I put my hand on his knee and ran played nervously with a piece of loose string on his clothes.

"Of-course you will Crystal. Well if you want to, you will. You've got to put the effort in, but saying that so has he. He can't expect you to go all the way with this after not seeing you for years. I do know your dad loves you though Crystal. He's just got a weird way of showing it I suppose. But the way he  punched me the other day!" he laughed to himself. 

"Oh god yeah. How is your eye anyway?"

"Well.. my left eye's fine. My right eye, not so good."

"What do you mean? Was it Brendan? Oh my god! Fletcher!" I stood up instantly and switched the light on to find Fletcher sat on the bed looking down at the floor. I put my hand on his cheek and lifted his head up so his eyes met mine. Both his eyes were black. His nose had been bleeding and he had two deep cuts on the side of his forehead. I covered my mouth with my hand and gasped.