Nightmare

*take a look at the Nirvana Music Store*

Laserian

She was amusing to say the least. Being a shapeshifter I used it to my full advantage. But there was moment when I lost my control, almost showed her my true form. She had some kind of power, because on her touch my animal and human accepted each other which never happened.

If we were in an animal form then we remain that unless we want to shed the form. But her touch made something stir inside me. She was dangerous and I needed no more confirmation. I have to kill her today as soon as she was sleep. I was trained to kill in most lethal and painless way.

So it will be easier and less messy to kill her in her sleep as she will not fight back. I got up making sure that all her other family members were asleep, so that I can shift from dog to human, as killing in dog form will be messier.

I noticed there was frown on her face as she slept, her intense sent hit me and I stepped back, both my animal and me confused. My animal wanted to kill her but when she touched it, it mingled with my human form and became all calm and docile.

I bent down stretching my hand to grip her throat and press those pressure points that will kill her in seconds and my life will be painless.

"Laserian...Stop." Her voice said and I went rigid in utter shock.

Did she see me? Is she awake?

"Laserian, don't." She mumbled again but this time I realised she was talking in sleep.

I moved back, my mind clouded with confusion all my determination and rage dull right then.

Why was she dreaming of me?

"Please, don't... It will hurt you!" She almost sounded as if she was scolding me.

And then her face paled.

She was having a nightmare and my mind sent the pain signal to all my body. Her face was now beaded with sweat, her face was constricted in discomfort and her hands clutched tighter on bed sheet. Her posture completely different from when she called me name.

I was watching her, feeling kind of helpless at her condition. I was here to kill her, finish the problem but here I was stuck with this girl and her mystery again! I have no idea what she was dreaming of but she said my name and that was intriguing enough to delay my murder plan.

I bent down on instinct and with lot of hesitation I placed my palm on her forehead. Immediately she relaxed, her breathing slowed down and everything about her was at ease.

A streak of tear trailed down her eyes as she slipped into peaceful sleep, somehow the nightmare ending. The tear made my jaw tick and I got away from her with a jerk a shock sent all over my body.

Now I can't kill her, somehow she knew me and even had nightmares about me! I have to keep her alive till I find out more about her. But the tough part was to hide her scent from other Hoods, specially my band.

I had lot of work so I decided to leave before anyone suspected where I was. Before I could walk out on this weirdly annoying girl, she sighed and curling into a small ball she slept on peacefully.

The sudden rush of calm surprised me and I rushed out before whatever her power was affected me too.

I actually starting breathing comfortably once I was out of the house in dog form.

Immediately I transformed into a bird and flew away for the meeting. That was another on my worries since Marc mentioned danger.

***

"Quantums are here." Eibhir said those three words and the tribe felt silent.

Quantum tribe is our rival tribe, the reverse tribe. We the Hoods are made and trained to protect the innocent from supernatural and natural dangers. Our animal side can help us feel such disaster way before time while our human side can mingle among humans.

If we shift more we tend to become that particular animal and also more animal than human. The part of this magic is our animal and human side never agree. Animal wants to dominate over human side and we have to be really strong to keep human side in rule.

Quantum prefer the animal side, they kill for fun, for revenge, for theft..Anything that was unethical. We had a fair share of blood on our hands but we are the protectors and they are the destroyers.

"They have killed two of our own and they are here in search of a powerful force. We have to be on alert and let no harm come to innocent humans. For new Hoods, I would like you to train under my son here and Laserian." He said with a voice booming with authority and waited for someone to ask any questions in their mind.

"How do we detect a Quantum among humans?" A female hood asked.

"Like us they have a mark on nape of their neck. While we have a wolf, fierce and protector, they have a panther, just a killer." Eibhir explained.

And naturally or subtly all eyes turned to me. I was the only one among the Hoods who can shift into a Panther and liked that formed the best. I gave them all a bored look and stood there coolly because their opinions didn't matter to me.

"But the tattoo does not decide who we are." Marc spoke up in a stern tone which he seldom used.

Everyone looked away from me and I gave a slight nod in my best friend's direction, he gave a small smile in return.

"What powerful force?" Someone else asked.

This time I was on alert mode.

"They detect some source of power here, power that is not supposed to exist." Eibhir said scowling at something.

Her scent, it was her scent that attracted Quantums here, it was her sent that Eibhir didn't know was the thing that shouldn't exist. It was my responsibility as Hood Warrior and I failed at it. I was the cold blooded killer of Hood Warriors, I never let my target.

And I left the only target that can cause a war between Quantums and Hoods.

Should I just kill her now? But her nightmare ...

I have to find out about that damn nightmare and then I can kill her. The plan sounded perfect in my head. I just have to hide her from all the other hoods, her peculiar scent which was intensified thousands time than a common human.

"Laserian O' Fearghaile, I Eidhir Mainle, Leader of Hoods appoint you as official Hood for searching that power and finish it off before Quantums could get to it!" He ordered causing me to have a déjà vu.And once again I was the one appointed kill Amber Mikelson, fate has created me to destroy her and not save her!

Bad Fate?! Let me know how you feel? How do you like the story, Leads so far?

Cover suggestions , if you don't like it? :) *made this one myself*

Please, read, vote and Comment!

Enjoy! :)