Dawn of a new era

Laserian

Two weeks passed, in a dull silence after the battle. Liosa was still recovering and so was my band. Marc was still losing blood but the main fact was we were okay. I have never been an optimistic kind of person but Amber made me see a new side, a better side of things.

Amber was back to her daily job. It was a good thing, she was not a teenager or else her parents were angry enough to ground her. She returned home with injuries which she could not explain truthfully and her parents were angry at her for staying with me and my band too much.

It was a miracle that they didn't stop her from seeing me. At this point, if I was being truthful to myself, I couldn't last a day without seeing her.

Eibhir was dead and so was Mattix senior, so Hoods and Quantums both lost their leader. Ailis was on the  run and I was pretty sure she was not coming back here , not in this life at least.

Everyone else, on the other hand, looked at Marc for leadership. And as much as idiotic my friend was , he would make a great leader. He was the only one open minded, amiable and balanced to  handle this. Isla was heartbroken on her husband's death.

But Marc was fine. He was hurt but he accepted it . He knew Eibhir was evil that needed to be finished off. As for me, I was not at all guilty for killing him because if I hadn't , my Amber would have been hurt.

Marc also decided to play the responsible Mainle family member and bring out the original prophecy out to either tribe informing everyone how Eibhir deceived them with the help of Ailis Mattix. People did believe, or they were trying to that Amber was nothing close to danger.

But like we know, we fear what we can't understand. They still feared her , at least their killing instinct was gone. And from experience, I knew it would not be hard for Amber to win everyone over.

As for me, I still garnered fear among both Quantums and Hoods. They knew my mother was also a panther and they saw that my brother was raised as a Quantum. They feared me and it was not going to change for a long period of time. But I was okay, no, more than okay with it.

Amber did break my ice shell, that doesn't mean I will change as a person over few months. I have been aloof and cold to everyone since I was a kid. For special people, I could be more me but to others I would like to remain the same frozen, feared and dark Laserian.

"We have an album release in three weeks." Liosa reminded me , making calls even from her bed.

I was next to her with Iramus as she called for us. Marc was still busy sorting his home drama and leadership decision. Terian and his sister had a lot of catching up to do. Bruke was more severely injured than others.

"I can't believe we are still doing this," I mutter in agitation.

We just lived through a battle and here we are making songs and albums.

"That is what you guys do for a living. Maroon 5 don't stop, do they?" She reminded me, with a dry look.

Injured Liosa was blunt and strict.

"Fine, I will get together with rest of the band and let you know what we decide."

"Did I ever give a choice Laser, get them together and I need you guys to be prepared for an interview next week at a bigger label." She instructed pressing her temples.

"Rest a bit Liosa, we can do this later." I tried to say as softly as possible.

She just glared at me and then started sorting some files on her lap. There was no use talking to her when she was on her manager mode.