Shock after Shock

Laserian

She left in the morning and it bothered me. It shouldn't have since I got the chance to turn back to human. I was pacing near her house in human form.

It was getting dark, sun in Westwend used to set early, somewhere around six. Something was knocking in my head like a clock ticking to remind me how late it was getting and she was still not here.

Then my sense caught a howl in the forest area close to her house. Like our kind can't convert into panther, Quantums can't turn into wolves but the howl was sharp and unfriendly and I knew it was not a Hood. I turned into a crow and flew towards the forest to check, just in case.

As I was near the forest, I caught her scent. My senses sharpened to check any danger around her. She was walking at a faster rate maybe sensing danger around her. I just watched her for a while since there was an unfamiliar scent around her.

And then it happened, I watched as a wolf closed on to her. Too shocked she stumbled on the ground. Her eyes went wide with fear and I could feel a new emotion seeping in me, panic. Warriors are not suppose to panic but with her in danger I was on panic mode.

The grey wolf was not hurting her; he just looked at her as if checking something. She didn't scream or panic, but she was terrified, it was clear on her face. She was shaking but she sat there eyeing wolf's every movement.

But as soon the wolf got close and bared its teeth I transformed into my best form, panther and let out a loud roar. It was an impulsive move, not only did this let the wolf know that she was someone important, it also revealed that we Hoods knew she was alive.

If it was a Quantum, I just told them what the power source was and if it was a Hood, I told them about my only failed mission. I should not have done that but my mind snapped and I transformed into a panther.

I had no idea why but I couldn't allow her to get hurt!

The wolf then focused at me and smirked. His eyes sent a wave of shock through me and a tsunami of hate built inside me. His onyx eyes challenged me and I knew he was a Quantum. I knew very well who he was.

One thing good happened from all of this, he went away from her.

But Amber being Amber was stupid and instead of running away from the forest , from the danger she turned to look at me. And come on I have red eyes, red eyes are scary!

But that girl started walking towards me. I cursed under breath and realised that she was impossible, weird and maybe not in her right mind.

Naturally I hurried away before she realised her dog-panther was actually a panther.

***

The dumb girl she was, she didn't tell her family about this. But obviously I was the victim here! She recited the whole incident to me with full expressions and effects. It was boring but also a bit amusing to see her talk.

"And then I saw him, you know." She said her voice dropping down to a whisper.

My mind was instantly alert to know her stupid reason for walking towards and not away from a red eyed animal.

"I am not sure if it is him, but those were the red eyes I know. He was the panther, my panther. I named you after him, because you smell like him.

I was really small when I met him and I would have forgotten him had it not been for his wonderful fragrance. I am sure dad shot him but then I saw him today. I cried for weeks you know, when I thought he was hurt because of my dad.