The Warrior and The Healer

Amber's PoV

I clicked another picture but this time, it was for my collection. In early forties and running the newspaper of the city, I didn't have to work as much. I had skilled employees but taking photographs was still my hobby.

The flash from the camera alerted the white tigress and a puma in front of me. My look apparently scared them enough and they turned back to their human forms. Daniel, my elder son had a scratch or two on his arm while my younger daughter, Emberly had more wounds.

"Where is your father who put you up to this?" I asked in a pretended strict tone.

They were hoods, it was natural for them to be warriors.

But Emberly was born with something more. We suspected that our kids will be different and that shows in Emberly. She was a healer as well. Like I held the power to control Hood emotions and thoughts, she can heal them.

Her eyes went to her brother's wounds and she placed her hands on it curing it like magic. Her healing worked on every hood except herself.

"He went away with uncle Leo," Daniel said.

"And where are you going?" I asked as he looked at his watch as if he was late for something.

"Dan has a date," Emberly said with a grin.

I always thought Dan will take up after Laserian but I guess with Marc and Leo as a mentor he turned out fine. He was humorous , fun and flirty. Emberly, on the other hand, was Laserian female, she was aloof to all others except me and Ian. She had the same icy glare and rude personality.

"And who is she?" 

I teased him for the fun of it. Everyone perfectly knew he was smitten by Heather and Marc's daughter, Claudia. She was mini- heather, super shy and I can't even imagine how she managed to be even friends with this mischievous son of mine.

"Mom, I am going." He looked flustered and I saw a sly smirk on Emberly's face.

Even though not same in personality , he looked like Laser, except his eyes which were hazel green while Emberly had those Amber eyes I happen to love. I blame Laser for giving my son the good looks and Marc for making him use them.

He hurried off before I could say something else planting a small kiss on Emberly's cheek.

"Is Leo okay?" I asked Emberly as she sat down on the grass.

At seventeen, she was the right hand of Quantum leader .

"He is fine. Our soldiers returned last night from another council meeting. Few more groups have agreed to combine Quantums and Hoods but mom they don't have you."

I sighed at the slow attempt of changing rooted traditions.

"Where were you last night?" I asked in a strict tone.

Her silence made me even more curious.

"I was in some trouble." She finally said.

"What trouble?" I tried to keep the obvious panic in control.

"I followed dad and others to help them with the rebels." Her voice held guilt and I was glad that she told me the truth.

I was not one of the most honest kid with my parents.

"So these wounds are from last night?" She nodded .

"Your father doesn't know about this, how did you escape?" I asked her suspicious at her silent behaviour.

"A Quantum." She mumbled.

A slow smile formed on my face. My loner daughter had a helper.

"Is he handsome?" I asked and she her eyes fluttered at me in surprise.