A spy in need is a friend indeed

Amber

It might seem like reading through a Quantum ledger would be super mystical and fun...no, it is sleep inducing. It was my turn to read the book and these people have family details, spells and runes.

It was like reading an old age book with nothing interesting to keep you awake.

I was about to stumble back to sleep when a white wolf leapt through my window and I yelped. The wolf gave me a amused look and I realised it was Marc.

"Honey, something wrong?" My mom called out.

"Nothing mom, just a – a cat." I lied and saw Marc convert from a wolf to a cat.

I stifled a laughter.

"What are you doing here and where is Laserian?" I asked the animal.

Marc now turned into human and it was still unsettling to watch him do that.

"I am here to keep you safe and updated." He said making himself comfortable on my bed.

I jumped off and locked the door just in case mom or Candice walked in and saw a boy in my room, on my bed.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, Liosa is playing the innocent spy today and Laser is there if something goes wrong." He explained.

Stupid jealously crept inside my nerves.

"No need to be jealous M, he is there because Liosa took this task for you. Laser didn't want anyone to be responsible when it comes to you." He said looking amused.

"Who said I was jealous?" I asked defiantly.

"Your expressions." He teased.

I huffed and tried to look annoyed. So yes I was jealous and it might be a pity emotion but it came nevertheless.

"I have not seen him smiling and laughing as much before you came around M. He was this cold blooded, order following soldier. Some say he was heartless and some think he is a monster.

But then you came along and the ice around him started melting. I have never seen someone effect his nerves the way you did. First he was annoyed with you and now he can't get enough of you." Marc said gently.

His words took me by surprise, it felt like a romance novel where a girl has such a good influence over boys life. It felt outwardly yet kind of satisfying how much Ian opened up to me.

Marc's phone buzzed and he picked up.

"She is here and safe. She is fine. " He said and waited for someone on the next end to say something.

He rolled his eyes to whatever the person over the phone said.

"I understand my duties, douche. And I will bring her to cafe after half an hour." He said sighing tiredly as if he was nagged by a parent.

"Let me guess, Laserian?" I asked with an amused grin at him.

"Ah! Who else. He wants to check how you are and if I am still watching you like a hawk." He said dryly.

I laughed, partially finding it funny and partially because I was happy how Ian was still thinking about my safety.

"Why do we have to go to cafe in half hour?"

"Terian and Liosa will be in the house, while Terian's phone will be on. We will be listening to them together." He said excited about the whole thing.

I felt the thrill about the whole spy mission but deep down I was worried and to some level scared.

"Now stop mopping M, lets look through this book. Laser is the one protecting you, I can assure you that is the best you can get." He said opening the book.