Job Woes

Amber Mikelson

The office was like any another newspaper office. I was doing a job as their photographer so that I could collect money for Creative Writing course in NYU. I also had a mind to take on other job but for now I was new and working one job was more than enough.

Our head and editor, Mr Byran Matthews was a man in late thirties with balding head, a square lens glasses and a serious face. But he was generous enough to give me a cabin to myself though it was small, like really small but it was mine.

My senior, Anna Tanner was the one who made me feel comfortable on my first day.

"I will give you the least amount of burden so just what you do, click what you appreciate and don't think for a moment what others might think." She said in a gangster type of cool way which amused me a little.

I nodded as she manoeuvred me expertly around the office, introducing each employee and I think every cabinet and wall also. She looked like no crap taking woman. Her hair was dyed in three different colours and she was chewing gum like there was no worry in the world.

"Now this evening, we are going for a band performance event, a local band called Hood. Those guys are super popular and mind you super hot." She said with an excited smile.

Her grey eyes lit up and extracted a smile from me too."Since you are new in town, I am sure you will soon join the swooning fangirls once you see them tonight." She said with confidence.

"Sure I will." I said answered just for her sake.

"Now you first job is to get best shot of those performing and also some fan clicks, candid..you know what I mean, like where they are shouting, giving dreaming look and all that.

While I will be trying to go all James Bond and sneak in backstage and get some personal shots with the boys." She said almost swooning herself.

I could imagine how hard her job might be playing James Bond to meet a group of hot guys.

"What time do we leave?" I asked feeling hungry now.

"Four thirty, because their show starts at six and we don't want to kick our way through the crowd." She said now taking a glance at her watch.

There was still time so I just sat on my desk and made a folder of pictures I found acceptable. And just for the fun of it I googled, The Hoods of Westwend and bit my lip when I saw the photo displayed by Google that can't possibly be wrong.

The rude guy from yesterday was staring back at me with amber eyes still glaring.

I couldn't believe it, it was my first day at my job and this was her my task!

Laser, 22, the lead singer of the locally popular band The Hoods. 

I scanned the photo with my eyes and I knew I was right earlier, he was damn hot.There was smouldering frown on his face that never left in any picture. If he was aiming for that bad boy look with subtle on his face, it was working well on him, too well.

He was a little over six feet and had sand brown hair, but there was something really sensuous about those lips where my eyes seem to rest a little longer before I was to remind myself how weird this was getting.

But everything about him was dangerous. 

There were four other members but my eyes just looked at his photo, his amber eyes tilting and shifting in every position to look at the screen. Those eyes looked at me with such hatred, that even made me think twice If I did something wrong.