Hoods and Quantums

Amber

Judge me, criticise me or hate me I don't bother with it. Panther , my panther has always been a fascination for me since he was there that night.

And then after a long time or maybe first time, I found a rude , cold guy I am crushing on. I cursed him and glared at him, was angry at him but never once I hated him. It is amusing now that I realise it.

I was as fascinated with him as I was with panther.

I was hurt, yes, curious, yes and I wanted like hell to know why he behaved the way he did but I decided I can wait. Because as much painful my nightmares were, his absence was equally antagonizing.

It felt like I was being dragged, swept in darkness and he was the tethering point to my soul.

But I was going to give him a real hard time because he hid the fact that he was freaking shapeshifter! I still hope that I am dreaming or hallucinating these things. Because if the dream shatter, I will be in real world, The thought of no Laserian there scares me.

So sue me if you think I should not have forgiven him, I needed to forgive him because I could see the sincerity and care in his eyes I have never seen before.

"Please stay away from Mattix." Ian said through gritted teeth as he greeted me in front of my office.

Practically whole girl staff was ogling him and I knew why Ian wanted Mattix away from me, apparently it was a miracle but he was jealous like I was.

"Is the big bad Panther jealous?" I said lightly grinning at him.

He chuckled at his, he seems to smile a lot, his amber eyes now sweet and warm like molten honey.

"Would it make you happy if I said yes?" He asked with an amused smile.

"Yes, definitely."

"Then , yes Amber I am jealous. Hell, I am jealous even my own bands talk to you." He admitted with a possessive edge to his tone.

I blushed, who wouldn't? His words made my heart go in a frenzy.

We walked in silence for a while till I regain my senses to talk.

"They are all just friends Ian." I mumble out to let him know they mean nothing more than a friend.

"I know Amber, trust me I know but Mattix gets on my nerves with all those flirty lines." He growled out the words.

"This can't get any sexier." I mumbled to myself completely forgetting that he was a shapeshifter with sharp hearing.

He threw back his head and laughed at loud and I hid my face behind my palm, thoroughly embarrassed.

"You heard that, didn't you?" I asked peeping through my fingers.

"Why, thank you Amber? No one told me my growl was sexy." He laughed again.

And the sound made me smile forgetting all embarrassment.

"Well, it is...very sexy. And the fact that you can turn into any animal you want makes you...amazing. I am living my own fantasy." I said out the words like a whisper now sure he would hear.

He was now smiling softly , laugh still lingering in his eyes.

"I am honoured to hear that but are you not terrified to find a whole tribe that can shift into any animal they want."

"Well, I am truthfully freaked out but you know how it is." I said nibbling my lower lip.

"No, I don't. Explain it to me." He said as we walked down the slope.