Shattered

Laserian

After dropping Amber home I went to Marc's house to check on him. I hope he was sensible enough to go and talk to Eibhir. Maybe if Eibhir knew that we are aware of his misdoings he will stop all this.

As I walked closer to his house, strong stench of alcohol hit me. My feet fastened as the smell got stronger near Marc's house. The door was open and I walked in slightly worried at the whole scenario. As I entered broken pieces of wood and glasses shattered under my feet.

The whole place was broken and I saw Marc sitting on floor, leaning on the wall. He had a bottle of drink in his hand, his eyes were swollen and red. He looked terribly heartbroken.

"Marc." I said in the softest voice possible.

"Oh, my dear friend Laserian." He looked at me and chuckled darkly.

The nice, caring friend was gone , he was someone else, someone who didn't gave a shit about others.

"Marc, stop drinking and tell me what happened?" I snatched the bottle from him.

"Tell me Laser, who do you trust most?" He slurred with this words.

"Myself." I told him bluntly.

"I know that ass hole, besides yourself and Amber." He added with a snicker.

"You."

"Me? You trust me." He laughed between hiccups and gave me a pained expression.

"Why do you trust me?" He asked attempting to getting up but failing miserably.

"Because you are my best friend Marc." I answered him quietly.

"best friend, best friend." He repeated the words as if he didn't know the meaning behind it.

A tear escaped his eyes and he sighed raggedly.

It pained me to see him this way. I have seen him cry, when a girl hit him from school and we were eight. I have seen him cry when I lost my parents. But I have never seen him this hurt and broken and this was killing me.

"Marc, tell me what's wrong?" I asked gently forcing him to sit on the chair that was not yet broken.

His hands were bleeding, knuckles hurt slowing healing.

What did he and Eibhir talk about that hurt him this much?

"Everything, Laser." He said giving me a blank look.

"Do me a favour?" He asked almost pleading and I nodded.

"Anything." I told him giving a slight squeeze over his shoulder.

"Kill me."

The request made me feel even worse than I already was. Why was he asking me this? Why was he torturing me? He knew I had no one but him?

"Marc, don't be a drama queen. You will be fine." I said trying not to break myself.

"Oh I will be fine, I will be great. I am Eibhir Mainle's son." He laughed a humourless laugh.

"But you my dear friend, you will not be. I am ordered to kill you, you know." He told me as if this was the most absurd thing.

"I don't care, I know you can't hurt me." I said trying to console him.

"But I already have Laser, you just didn't knew. I have hurt you more than you know." He said more tears flowing down his eyes.

Last time we hugged was we were kids and I was orphaned but this time it was needed. I stepped forward and hugged him. He sobbed like a little kid and didn't utter a word.