Here to stay

Laserian

"Get inside, he doesn't hate you." Amber reminded me yet again.

The door was closed and I could hear soccer commentary from inside. I was pretty sure Marc knew that I was outside because he could sense my breathing and hear Amber 's voice.

But the door remained closed.

"I am not sure he wants me in his house," I said, my words sounding more like an excuse.

Amber gave me look that said really.

"Laser , get your lame ass inside." Marc shouted from inside.

And those were all the words I needed to have confidence. I clicked the door open realising that it was not locked and walked inside.

"I should leave." Amber said softly.

"No, stay M. Your boyfriend might kill me in your absence." Marc said now walking towards us.

Amber chuckled lightly but stayed there nevertheless and I was glad that she stayed. If I couldn't convey what I felt, atleast she could do it for me.

"So you decided to finally kill me?" Marc asked.

"I can't kill my only best friend even if he is a total tool."

"You do know that my father is Eibhir." Marc was trying to make me hate him.

And now I completely understood what Amber said about not hating the person you love. It doesn't really matter to me that Marc was Eibhir's son , I cannot just hate him.

"You do know I am a half quantum." I countered his words.

"You do know my father killed your family." His eyes pleaded with me to hate him as if this will make him feel less guilty.

"You do know that none of it is your fault." I tried in a weird way to console him.

"You do know that you guys sound insanely stupid." Amber interrupted looking like she was holding back a smile.

Marc sighed and his eyes flickered here and there as if finding right words to say.

"So, it doesn't affect you that I am half quantum?" I confirmed.

"Dude, I loved you mom like my own and she was quantum. It doesn't bother me in the least whoever you are. You are and always have been, always will be my best friend with only exception being that you break Amber's heart."

His words made me smile. What was I thinking? He is already shifting to Amber's side.

"By the way, I told him I love him." Amber said teaming up with Marc.

I should have known, my best friend and girl friend will now give me a hard time for my stupid impulsive reaction.

"About time, how did he react?" Marc asked his narrowing at me.

"Nothing yet."

I kissed her back, didn't I? And although all my ice was melted, I was still worried about the whole love you deal. I was still scared that it was not enough. She doesn't know that I was asked to kill her.

"Don't bother. He will say something soon. Guy is dense with feelings." Marc informed Amber too seriously.

"Do you want to die Marc?"

"And I thought you said you can't hate me?" He was back to his old self again.

"Don't tempt me."