Breaking Rules

Laserian

Marc entered the place since he had to sit with his father and so did I being in their family since I lost my own. But my senses flooded with her scent as I was about to enter the hall. Marc walked ahead and my eyes caught her form.

I inhaled sharply. The nerves in head throbbed like a reminder for me to remain calm. But how could I, see looked ravishing. The red dress adorned her petite form. My eyes noticed the minute detailed of her slightly wounded leg, work of the heel she was obviously not use to wearing.

Her hair was tied in a bun and a strand or two escaped that bun softly curling around her nape. I have never seen such a beautiful female in my life and I was left short of words and breath. Whatever she did brought out her hazel green eyes. I knew her life was too busy and she had no time to spend on herself.

And it was a good thing, because without her doing all this I was turning insane and right now I had to escape the whole damn speech and sitting with Marc tradition to avoid myself from doing something rash especially in front of Eibhir.

Marc noticed my discomfort and grinning he left me to be in pain alone.

All I could think was to be close to her, talk to her, hold her in my arms...even my usual reasoning of being her fated killer was useless. One look at her and my insides were twisted beyond solution.

***

I smelled immense panic mixed with her scent. Did I think twice? No. Like the fool I was turning into I left my band without explanation and came to the hall. I am sure they must be surprised and shocked behind me, except Marc of course.

But then it didn't really matter, I was too worried. On reaching the hall I found out that she was a nervous wreck on stage. She was sweating, her eyes were unfocused and it was like she was losing the sense of surrounding. Her high level of discomfort was painful to watch so I waited till her eyes caught mine.

Maybe seeing a familiar place in crowd she will feel better.

Finally when her eyes found mine, she instantly relaxed and I had this power surge through me like I just won a battle. I tried to lighten her up, rolled my eyes at her because she was so brave otherwise and now she was being so nervous.

My okay gesture made her smile and that smile of relief calmed my messed up nerves. All this while our eye contact didn't break while we just looked at each other like we were each other's ray of hope, pillar of support. The contact broke as Anna called her name and with a smile she began her presentation.

I looked down and feeling of uneasiness crept in. What was that? I ran over here just because she was having stage fright. My eyes looked up to see her once more and were stunned at her beautiful form. I broke my own rule of not being bothered with her, I broke my own rule of attending Eibhir's speech, my rule of not caring about her

And I just confirmed Marc's stupid doubts and allegations.

I hurried back in for my performance. I hurried away thinking it was a mistake made in emotions and also hoping that she will be fine. The ice cold barrier around my heart was under attack.

***

"We have a dance after the performance." Marc said adjusting his denim jacket collar while admiring himself in the mirror for millionth time.

"Girls are not blind out there Marc, no matter how hard you try you will look ugly." I said annoyed for some reason.

"Wow, Lieutenant Cold just became Captain Sarcasm." Marc said laughing a fake laugh.