C-Day

Amber Mikelson

The D-Day was here, or for me the C-day, Carnival day. And I was nervous, exhilarated and frustrated all at same time. The hype around was catching up to me. Being the media person I had nothing to do. There were helping team that was setting up the huge hall I was standing in.

It was more like a monument with a dome. A larger than life chandelier hung above my head making the marble underneath my feet sparkle once in a while. A buffet was set up on either side of the hall and right in front of me was a stage.

Several worried technicians ran here and there for the last minute preparations. The Carnival was not only this huge inside party but also extended to the forest area that was behind the huge hall. There was a bazaar that had all the fun stuff; from weird shooting games to snacks stall, from colourful clothing to funky metallic jewellery and food stalls of course.

But the shop that caught my eyes was a souvenir shop, for now I had no time to visit the shop so I decided to visit it later. My presentation was done, my boss was pretty impressed by it and all thanks to Ian...well half thanks to me to.

The first event of the evening was Mr. Byran's speech and then Mayor of the town, Eibhir Mainle (how did I miss that!) was going to say something. Then Anna and I are going to give the presentation which was freaking me by the way.

And then the best for the last, Hoods performance.

Did I leave out the dance at the end part? Well here it is then. We have a dance too. The crowd was still not in, before the whole thing people were roaming around in the market outside and I was cursing myself or mostly my sister because I was wearing this red dress with five inch heels in which it was torturous to walk let alone stroll around a crowded market.

But it was an official event and I had to wear the dress I was saving from the school dance in which I went without a date and as a photographer.

Well, skipping the sob story I was also running around with Anna and now I think I had blister on my tiny toe almost crushed in my front closed golden heels.

"Amber , you will be there with Talfryn Mattix. He is here to make Hood popular. He will be recording them perform while you take the shots. I will be outside them since I have the market to cover, pics and interviews with the shopkeepers. Okay?" Anna said ticking something off her notepad.

She looked stunning in a purple mini dress hugging her body with silver heels. Her multicoloured hair was left open in waves unlike mine which were tied in a elegant bun, thanks to mom.

I saw many guys from our staff and others eyeing her and I had to smile how oblivious she was to all the drama.

"Okay." I said nodding at her busy form.

Hearing my okay she nodded without giving me a second look she hurried to other person to instruct. Now all I had to do was locate was Talfryn Mattix. My eyes scanned the place but I can't find a person with a camera like me.

Yeah, so I was carrying my baby even with the dress on.

Gradually the crowd started filling in as it was nearing the time of sunset. I could see a single member of Hood maybe because they will be rehearsing for today's performance. Today was not the day they perform in front of crazy loving fans, today they performed in front of people they have to impress.

But Ian, he was too cool to try and impress someone. And this made him worthy of being my crush object. I have crushes before, in school, in neighbourhood, three of them to be exact but none of them had the power to make me blush or cause the bird to flutter and flap helplessly in my heart.