Siblings are nothing alike

Amber Mikelson

The bell jingled and I excitedly looked up. He walked in and my heart thudded lightly like a butterfly flapping. Someone or something knocked sense into him and he had stopped ignoring me for a while now.

Today was the day for photo shoot and I choose the lake side for this. The scenery there was beautiful and I wanted them to pose in front of the rock and water, two things that matched their image perfectly.

Some stylist was coming over since Liosa had connections and now wanted the band to get some outside world promotion. Hoods are a star in Westwend but their talent should be known to the world now.

Something about Laserian changed because his amber eyes were more like the eyes of the dream Laserian and less like his cold ones. Terian even noticed this and said that he was softer and happier around me. I hope that was true.

"You look over worked Amber." Laserian stood there at the counter looking really good like always.

His hair was slightly wet, apparently he showered for the photo shoot. I reminded myself to not ogle at him.

"Nah, I am fine." Then I bend closer and whisper, "Nightmares."

Pain reflect clearly in his eyes.

"I wish I could help you." He said looking straight at me.

The intensity in his eyes and in his words was unnerving yet pleasant. He wanted to help. He always did but was never so clear about it.

"You are." I mutter shyly hoping he would not hear.

As much as cold and stiff he was around anyone, I felt warm and secure around him.

I sighed and moved away moping the counter, grateful that he didn't hear what I said.

"Your usual?" I asked since he didn't show any interest in moving away and the girls in the cafe were eyeing us weirdly.

"No, today you surprise me." He said with a smile that made his eyes sparkle.

"Okay, now please go and sit." I said awkwardly my peripheral vision noticing girls pointing fingers.

Sometimes I forget Laserian is a celebrity but times likes this I remember.

"You seem bothered by my standing here." He said but not annoyed, more amused.

"Those girls might kill me after you leave." I said sarcastically.

He laughed lightly and I had to allow myself to register the wonderful sound.

"They won't try to touch something that belongs to me." He make a casual statement but my head snap up.

I blink and spoon slips from my hand causing a loud clatter.

"Are you fine dear?" Josephine came out looking worried.

"She is fine Josephine, just a little flustered." Laserian said with an amused smirk.

Who are you and what have you done with Laserian O'Fearghaile?

"Can you please repeat the words you said?" I asked in a furious whisper not giving a damn about the girls now.

"I will if you give me a five question deal?" He said with that new found sexy smirk.

I inhaled sharply. He was someone else since we met that night. It felt like he ..he almost flirted with me. Did my ignorance effected to bring out this new Laserian.