My true side, her true side

Laserian

Like I would let her walk out alone, at this time of night? Why was she so reckless?

So yeah I have started worrying for her. And how can I not? She had nightmares which seeped the positive energy out of her, she worked two jobs and even after all this she smiled at people. How can one not worry for such a person?

First her nightmares made me curious, then I was rattled but now I was worried. What was that gave her so many nightmares, so painful that she even shed tears when in real life she was all smiles and comebacks.

She was talking about some project thing for her job and I wanted to help but I had no damn idea how. She might think I have personality disorder after I snapped at her last time. She even said they she will strangle me when she met me last time, atleast she told the dog me. The idea was as amusing at sounds.

It made complete sense that she didn't like me much and as much as I lied to Marc, that's what it was, a lie. It did matter that she didn't like me. And surprisingly it was like a pinch in my heart. But I couldn't explain why?

It didn't even made sense that I wanted to help her, in her project! I didn't even help Marc and that has nothing to do with the fact that he is a complete ass.

But the reason completely vanished from my head when she walked towards our concert hall. I knew what could do. There was a path near the concert arena that was lighted up by the moon. It was a natural occurrence, a miracle of God given for us Hoods. It was a path made for us in the maze like forest.

It's not like we needed it, but it was like a sacred trail and humans rarely saw it. It was more for human form of hood than the animal form. And it was also the place where Hoods shared blood bond under the moon-light, also known as marriage in human language.

The look of disappointment crossed her face when she saw nothing and...it was disconcerting. I wished ardently that the moon came up at right time.

And first time my luck shined and the moon shone brightly. The path was illuminated and so was her eyes. She started clicking pictures fervently.

Seeing her this happy, this relaxed and excited I made a split second decision to follow up on my imaginary plan.

I evolved into panther form from a bird form and stepped right in front of her.

I never knew I would feel nervous or have a bursting out of chest heart but right then I had all of it. I had no idea what my decision will cause or how she will react or maybe she will have some sense and run away from me.

"You." She whispered in awe and gratitude.

Two emotions I couldn't understand, it should have been fear and panic but no being Amber she had something different.

Taking all the courage and that is lot for a Hood warrior, I took a step forward. I wished she backed off, but wished that my wish is not fulfilled.

She stood her ground. In my panther form, I could hear her loud heartbeat, her deep breathes, the adrenaline surging through her and most painfully the pinkish colour on her skin that somehow even affected the panther me.

"You are the one." She said and as dumb as she was she stepped forward lessening the distance between us.

Was I scared? No, no, of course not.

I noticed something strange, water filled in her amazing hazel green eyes making the panther me growl. Was I making her cry?

The growl didn't affect her just like it didn't affect her ten years ago.