Two- Excuses.

The week had gone past quicker than I had expected, which of course, I was ecstatic about. It was now thursday afternoon and I was sat at the lunch table with my two best friends, Renee and Harper.

Just one look at the pair of them could make any girl turn into the green eyed monster. They was both beautiful.

Harper was mixed race and had the indie look going on for her with her long dark hair hanging loosely in curls. Two dimples sat comfortably on either side of her tanned cheeks giving her a child like smile. She had Nutella coloured eyes that were framed by thick, long, black eyelashes.

If that wasn't enough to ruin your confidence, then her body would be. Harper use to suffer with an eating disorder which she struggled with all her life, but since recovering she's gained the perfect body. She shed the extra weight and now owned a healthy, toned figure with legs that went on forever.

The most amazing part of Harper was her personality. She was caring, sensitive and most of all the least selfish person anybody had met, doing everything for everybody.

Harper was very smart and driven, she was studying to become a journalist and was well on her way to become one with the passion and talent she had, not to mention her all A* grades.

Renee, on the other hand, was completely different.

If you wanted to let go and have fun, Renee was your girl. Always laughing and living on the edge, Renee was the most carefree girl you'd ever have the pleasure to meet.

Renee's auburn hair was cropped short into a messy pixie bob that framed her face. She had the bone structure of a model with highly defined cheekbones and a strong jaw line. Her eyes looked like two shimmering emeralds that pierced through your soul with just one look.

Despite being only five foot two, Renee had enough confidence to fill up a room. She was well on her way to being a dancer. She trained six days a week and through hard work and determination, she was destined to have a big future a head of her.

"So I was thinking this Friday, that since it's been ages since the three us had been out together, with A Levels and stuff, we should have a night out! There's a new karaoke bar opened in the westend and I think we should check it out?" Harper asked with hopeful eyes.

She was right, we'd all been so busy with exams that we hadn't had any time for each other. Which was rare for us, we were normally joined at the hip.

But I hated karaoke bars.. They were just a place where people got really drunk and sang cheesy love songs at the top of their lungs. First thing I hated, school. Second, karaoke bars.

I wracked my brain and told them the first excuse that popped into my head..

"I've still got one last exam left and I need to revise, sorry." I looked down at my uneaten sandwich quickly, hoping they wouldn't find any holes in my excuse.

Renee laughed, "Don't be ridiculously stupid. Firstly we have almost the same exam time table, and you had your last exam last week. Secondly, we haven't been out together in ages so stop making excuses! And lastly, no matter what you say you are coming. Even if we have to drag you out your house kicking and screaming, then bundle you into the car!" Renee said smugly. I was not going to argue with that, the look on her face said she was not joking.

I huff "Fine, whatever."

Why did I have to be so stupid and come up with an excuse that bad even though I knew they knew my exam time table? Looks like we're off to the karaoke bar tomorrow. Great.

I could of thought of a million better ways to spend my Friday night instead of going to a stupid karaoke bar full of stupid people with stupid music, drinking bleach being one of them. I loved my best friends, don't get me wrong. But some times I really wanted to punch them in the forehead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got home to an empty house. Surprise, surprise my dad wasn't home. I didn't even have to ask where he was.

I made my way to the kitchen, flicked the kettle on and dumped my bag on the counter. All I kept thinking about was tomorrow and how much I was dreading it. You might think I was being stupid, but just how other people hated spiders or heights, well.. I hated karaoke bars.

I just don't get the point of them! It sounds dramatic but its the truth. The kettle pinged, pulling me out of my sulk. I made a tea and stomped upstairs to my room, planning on going into hibernation until next year so I didn't have to go tomorrow.

I had nothing better to do now exams were over and I didn't have to study no more, so sleep sounded like the most appealing choice.

Fifth-teen minutes later, I heard a car pull up on the driver way followed by light tap on the door.

Despite my attempts of ignoring the knocking which had progressed into nearly taking my front door of it's hinges, the banging didn't stop so I stomped down stairs to give what ever human was there a piece of my mind. I flung open the door and was faced with a grinning Harper and Renee.

"We all need a new outfit for tomorrow so we are kidnapping you and taking you shopping. I wouldn't even bother arguing, there's no way you're getting out of this." Renee smirked.

Renee's face didn't show any sign of humour so I was changed and out the door within 5 minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few songs and a sing song later, we arrive at the shopping centre.

We walked into a little indie boutique which Harper bought all of her outfits from. She wandered around the store in a world of her own, running her hand over different pieces of material.

She fount five potential outfits then skipped into the changing rooms. Fifteen minutes later, after four different dress changes, she emerged from the cubicle dressed in a sky blue textured skater skirt and a white crop top that emphasised her long legs which she was clearly happy about. One down, two to go..

Renee was scary to shop with. She reminded me of an eagle hunting for it's prey, which was kind of daunting to be around. Renee disappeared after we found a shop suitable to her taste and standards. She went into shop mode, not even looking at the clothes as she shot round the store like a ping pong ball.

She was an expert shopper and knew exactly what she wanted meaning she didn't even have to try dresses on.

She'd picked an emerald green short play suit that matched the exact colour of her eyes, with the sides cut out showing her hips off. Grinning like a Cheshire cat, she paid for her things. Two down, one more to go..

I was so fussy and indecisive, meaning I was the worst person when it came to shopping.

We headed into a boutique across from where we found Harpers outfits were I picked a few outfits out and all but ran into the changing room.

The first was to long; trailing on the floor underneath me, the second was way to baggy, literally hanging of my body.

The third one was a short cap sleeve body con dress that was fitted and covered in bright tribal prints. It was dressy but comfortable and I fell in love with it. I bought the dress and we all left with three fat grins on our faces.

Now that I'd got an outfit, tomorrow didn't seem as bad as I thought it would.