Sixteen- Knock At The Door.

"Phil, I need a flight back to London as soon as possible. I'm going home." I said down the phone, trying my hardest to keep back the tears as I threw clothes into my case.

"What!? You still have just over two weeks left of your trip!" He all but screamed.

"I no, but I don't need anymore time. I've made my decision, and I don't want this."

"What happened? I'd heard you was doing really well in your lessons, what went wrong?" He questioned.

"Its just not what I expected, like at all. I don't belong here, I need to go home. You said when I came here.. no, you promised that if I wanted to go home, then you'll get me the first flight back."

"And I will, I just needed to no what went on. Are you sure this is what you want?" Phil asked, his normal energetic voice sounding drained of all that he had.

I thought about what I wanted. Did I want to spend three years with a class that hates me, in a city that I didn't no, completely alone? Nope, I don't believe I did.

"This is what I want, I'm sorry." I said after some time.

"Yeah? Well that makes two of us." After saying that, Phil cut the call and the line went dead.

Renee and Harper was out getting lunch so at least I didn't have to face them yet.

Just as I was zipping my case up, my phone beeped.

'Your flight leaves at six tomorrow night. Make sure your ready by three and Andy will be downstairs waiting. If you change your mind at any point, don't hesitate to call me.'

I sighed into my phone. How could I tell the girls that because of me, we were going home. Would they understand? I really, really hoped so.

I walked into my bathroom and looked in the mirror at my foreign reflection. I looked tired, like a person who'd wanted something so bad for so long, that when they finally got the break they dreamed of, just to watch it crush in front of their very own eyes.

And that's exactly what I was, defeated. You may think I'm being over dramatic with the whole situation, but it was just to over whelming. Being in a city that I didn't no with people that didn't give me the time of day.

The thing that made this whole experience even harder was how I pictures this trip in my head. I thought I'd come here, I'd develop friendships instantly, and we'd work through this all together. And the realisation of it not being like that at all was the fact that pushed me home.

I turner around and flicked on the shower, hoping the steam will clear my head. I stripped and slipped inside. The water hit my cold bones like a ton of bricks. And it felt like the steamy liquid washed away some of my thoughts.

And I love that moment. When your mind drifts to another place, up in the clouds. When your reading, or listening to music and everything that's right now, in this moment, no longer exists. It's just you.

After twenty five minutes of drowning my sorrows, the door to my bathroom swung open and I was ambushed by Renee and Harper. They both had that 'I know something I'm not suppose to no until you told me' look on their faces.

"So here's the thing. The phone rang, it was Phil. He said he'd tried calling you but he got your voicemail. Spill the beans, what happened that was so bad that it caused you to jump on the first flight home?" Renee asked as she pushed herself up on the counter next to the sink, Harper joining her.

"Pass me a towel." I squeaked as I cut the shower, nervous for the conversation unfolding.

I grabbed the towel that was handed to me and wrapped it around my body, then pulled back the shower curtain and stepped onto the bath rug.