Nine- Hello New York.

After seven hours of flying, we were actually in New York. Emotion hits me like a ton of bricks. This was mine and my mums dream, and I'm finally here. A single tear made it's way down my cheek, causing Harper to lean over and wipe it away.

"I know what this took for you come here. I'm proud of you, and if she was here, she would be to." Harper whispered low enough for only me to hear. I leaned my head on her shoulder, thanking who ever it is up there that they gave me a friend like her.

We collected our bags and made our way over to the pick up area. Scanning the crowd of people, I scanned the crowd for our driver.

After a few minutes of searching, we found a guy holding a sign with my name and bundled in to his car and we set off on our journey to the hotel.

New York was like another world. Everything seemed so alive and vibrant. I must of spent the whole journey with my head out the window.

"Ladies, we've arrived. Welcome to the skyline hotel." Our driver announced.

Lifting my head up and looking around, a huge white building caught my attention.

Blinding spotlights shone up high lighting the amazing architecture, a red carpet was rolled out and stopped where out car door is now being opened. A huge posh sign stood proudly on the building, lit up brightly, reading 'The Skyline Hotel'.

A guy came over and whisked our pile of bags away whilst another one guy dressed in a uniform and top hat assists us out the car and into the hotel. We waved good bye to our driver goofily and followed the guy in uniform in the hotel and up to the front desk.

The whole lobby was cream marble with gold flecks throughout. The ceiling was so high that you had to squint to see the beautiful artwork pained above us. It was like nothing I'd ever seen before, truly breathtaking..

"Good Afternoon ladies. What name is your room under?" The lady behind the front desk asked, flashing us her pearly white teeth.

"Hello, I think it's under Rhiannon." I replied. I started to tap my fingers on the desk whilst we waited for the lady to locate our room and sort out keys out.

After a few minutes the lady turned around and hooked a set of keys of the pegs behind us, "Ok Rhiannon, your room is on the 20th floor. It's actually the apartment, right at the top. This gentlemen will take you up there. I hope you have a wonderful stay at the Skyline Hotel!" She said whilst flashing her pearly whites.

We thanked her then followed the guy over to the elevator. We slid in as he pressed the top button when that read 'Apartment Level'.. Renee, Harper and I all looked at each other slyly, trying to not freak out until we was on our own.

There's a ping and the elevator doors slowly slid open.

I'd never been a materialistic person, my dad always had a lot of money because the stock exchange paid well, but I never wanted to live of him, I think the satisfaction of earning your own money paid more. But this house was out of this world and I could see myself living here forever.

The far back wall was made completely out of glass that looked out onto a massive balcony and the rest of the world. The floors were dark and light panelled wood, mostly covered by a massive fluffy grey rug. In the middle of the rug in front a crackling fireplace sat two massive white sofa'a facing each other, separated by a glass coffee table. The wall closest to us was covered by a gigantic bookcase containing what looks like every book ever published. There was also a spiral staircase leading to an upstairs.

Curiosity got the better of me so I handed a tip to the guy who brought us up here, and bounced up the staircase, leaving Harper and Renee to pick there jaws up of the floor.

The upstairs was even better than the downstairs of the apartment, containing a mini cinema with a huge DVD collection, a games room, a bar, 3 bedrooms and a bathroom with a jacuzzi! The bathroom itself was bigger than the entire house at home.

And then I remembered my dad.. I was suppose to call him when I landed!

I went back downstairs, grabbed my hand luggage and picked out my phone. 4 messages from my dad, whoops! I sent him a quick text letting him no that I got to New York safely and told him about the apartment, then put my phone back in my bag and went out on the balcony, joining Renee and Harper.

They were both starting out into the city discussing thing that they wanted to do whilst we were here. I heard Harper say things such as Statue of Liberty, grand central station and Times Square, whilst Renee was talking about different bars like Booker & Dax.

My excitement level hit sky high as I thought about this moment, being here with my best friends for a month. What a way to spend the summer.

"Guys, thank you got coming with me. I wouldn't be here if you wasn't" I said to them, smiling.

"Don't be ridiculous, we should be thanking y.." Renee was cut short by the sound of my phone ringing. I rushed in and looked at the caller ID. It was Phil. I smiled to myself as I clicked answer..

"Hi Rhi. It's Phil. How was the flight?" He asked,

"It was amazing, and so is the apartment. You shouldn't of gone to all this trouble. But thank you, we all really appreciate it." I said, meaning every word.

"Don't be silly, it was my pleasure. I was calling to ask you if you was free for tomorrow. There's an event tomorrow, a music award. It's got some major stars walking the carpet and was wondering if you would like to attend?" he asked.

"Oh, wow that would be wicked! We'd absolutely love to come. We'll go shopping for dresses in a minute!" I grinned, nearly fainting with excitement.

"You must be shattered, so forget that. I'll send an old friend over for a dress fitting and some hair and make up artist. Sound ok?" Phil asked.

"Y-you're kidding right?" I stammered, completely shocked.

"Deadly serious. Get a good nights sleep, they'll be there at seven. Don't be late! I'll pick you up tomorrow. Bye Rhi." he laughed as he ended the call.

I ran down to the girls screaming. They looked at me like I was just let out of a crazy hospital.

"Rhi what the.." Renee asked, confusion clear in her expressions.

"WE'RE GOING TO A MUSIC AWARD!" I screamed, not bothering with subtle.

If I could have caught their reactions on camera, I would of died a happy girl. Renee gripped the rail of the balcony, her face turning bright ted whilst Harper screamed at the top of her lungs and jumped up and down like a kid who's had to much sugar.

I thought I'd excite them even more, loving their reactions.

"It gets better.. We have dress fitting tomorrow and hair and makeup artist's coming up too" I grinned, loving being the bearer of good news.

With that I left them to scream and squeal on the balcony, I walked back into the apartment, thinking about how lucky I am.

Music awards and red carpet events; dream schools, private jets and a 20th floor heaven. Someone pinch me..