Twenty One- Mud Wrestling.

This is my first ever chapter dedication! And this chapter goes to @shanecollinslover for being basically the first fan of this story and the first person to comment! You truly are the best!

Enjoy ❤❤❤❤

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was all a little cliché. A boy and a girl sitting in an open top boot of a truck watching the stars talking about love. But it was enjoyable.

We bickered about silly things and laughed until early hours of the morning, the tense conversation we previously had put in a box and thrown away.

But, this wasn't a movie, and something had to go wrong. Lightning lit up the early morning sky, shocking Logan and I. We looked at each other, him grinning whilst I frowned.

"I hope you planned this out." I said through gritted teeth as hail stones fell from the sky, pounding my body.

"Of course, chill out. We'll hit the road, it's time to go anyway." He said jumping out of the truck whilst pulling me along. I jumped in at the same time he did and buckled up whilst he turn the engine on.

"Oh no, what's that look for?" I gasped as I glanced over and noticed his worried expression.

"Don't freak out.." He murmured.

"Well I'm obviously going to freak out if you say that!" I yelled.

"We're, erm. Well w-were stuck." He whispered so quietly that I barely heard him.

"Really funny Logan. Just drive already! Harper and Renee are probably freaking as.." I stopped half way through my sentence.

Something about his expressions made my eyes widen. Oh my lord.. He was not joking. We're stranded, in the middle of no where. Toothless hillbilly's were going to jump out at any second and hack us to death with a fork.

"The rain has caused the road to turn into mush. The wheels are just spinning." He said as he revved the engine.

"I'll get out and scoop some of the mud out. When I say so, put your foot on the gas pedal.." I said as I jumped out of the car and pushed my way through the mud to the wheels.

The rain was pounding my back as I bent over and scooped mud from around the wheels. I'd seen this happen in tons of movies and it seemed to work for then.

The rain was heavy and I was tired, so when Logan revved the engine without my say so, causing mud to flick up and shower me, I completely flipped.

I scooped up a massive pile of mud and walked round the car. Logan clocked on to what I was about to do and darted out of the car before I reached the drivers side.

He was fast, I'll give him that. When I went to the front of the car, he went to the back. When I went to the left, he went to the right. It was like Tom & Jerry all over again.

"Logan!" I yelled over the loud patter of the rain. Where the hell was he?

I spun around as I heard sloshy footsteps behind me. This was my chance to taste sweet, sweet revenge.

WHAMB. A massive ball of mud came flying towards me and smacked me straight in my face.

"YOU ARE DEAD!" I shrieked as I whipped the earthy spelling sludge from my eyes and spat the rest of the mud from my mouth.

I pounced on him and tackled him the the floor, completely covering him in mud.

"London get the he.." His sentence was cut short as I smashed mud into his hair.

And this is how we spend the next half hour. Rolling around in the mud launching piles back and forth as we giggled.

But the fun was over now and the wet mud had soaked through my clothes, causing my bones to freeze over. I sat on the edge of the truck as Logan made his way around to each wheel, shovelling the mud away.

My teeth were chattering and my body shook violently.

"I-I-I n-eed to g-get w-w-warm." I said though gritted vibrating teeth.

"That should do it. Lets go! Oh my god, Rhiannon your turning blue!" Logan said as he picked up my frozen body and carried me to the passengers side.

His face was filled with concern as he placed me in the seat, buckled me up and covered me with a few blankets.

I was still violently shaking as he started the car and drove. My eyelids fluttered shut as the freezing pain took over and blackness appeared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just like the journey here, I'd slept for most of the way home.

We was now at my hotel and all I could think about was the tingling sensation in my arms and legs.

I vaguely recall Logan taking me up to my apartment and putting me to bed. My eyes fluttered open as I whispered thank you to Logan who was shutting my bedroom door from the other side.

I drifted off into a warm comfortable sleep, dreaming about stars exploding and wrestling in the mud.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke myself up with a coughing fit. My throat was dry and all I could smell was wet, earthy grossness. My head was pounding and my chest felt like someone had tap danced on it.

But the thing that hurt the most was the temperature on my skin. I was on fire. I could beat a kettle in a heat competition right now.

I don't even remember getting home or into bed?

I reached over to the intercoms on my bedside table and pressed Harper's bedroom number.

"Harper, come up. I think I'm dying." I whispered down the phone, shocked at how fragile I sounded, it almost matched up with how fragile I felt.

The line went dead as soon as I finished my sentence and I heard brief chatter from down stairs and three pairs of footsteps on their way up. Three?

The door flung open revealing a concerned looking Harper, Renee and.. Logan. My face lit up ever so slightly.

"Logan," I coughed, "You stayed."

"I wasn't going to leave you. You was in a pretty bad state." He said as he walked over to my bed and knelt down, resting the front of his hand on my forehead.

"Rhi your on fire. You need to see a doctor." He said gently.

"N-no!" I said between my coughing fit, "it's just a cold." I protested.

"Rhiannon's scared of hospitals. Meaning she's scared of doctors incase they make her go, good luck with getting her to agree to see one." Renee laughed, but composed herself when Harper elbowed her in the ribs.

"Rhiannon." Logan said gently, "The doctor will come here to check you over and give you something to bring down your temperature, I promise you that you won't be going anywhere near a hospital. Do you trust me?" He asked.

"Yes." I whispered.

With that he smiled and picked up the phone.