Thirty Six- Magic And Mayhem

I wasn't quite sure how I should go about dealing with the situation I was in.

On one hand, I felt like Logan shouldn't be let of the hook just because his mum was sick. I got treated differently as soon as the 'C' word got brought up. It made me feel different, and I couldn't stand it. I think Logan would feel against being friends again on a sympathy vote.

But on the other hand, I missed him, a lot. I missed the way I felt around him. I missed always having someone there to do stupid stuff with, to laugh and joke and just be with. I missed how a big part of why I stayed in New York was no longer there to share the journey with me. And I hated to admit it, but I missed him.

Miss Mathews stayed for awhile for a catch up. We moved on to lighter subjects, talking about all things from how the family was doing to jesse's wedding, which was only a few months away now. It was amazing to see her, and after she left, the feeling of complete loneliness swooped in like an eagle going for it's pray, consuming me whole.

When she was gone, I didn't feel like going back to finishing my work, the 'get ahead' attitude vanishing before my eyes. I lounged on the sofa and flicked through the channels on the huge TV thats been used less times than the fire hydrant. After going through what felt like a thousand channels, I left it on the news and went over to the kitchen to find a takeout menu.

"Hi, can I order a pizza to be picked up." I said to the employee at 'Uncle Paul's Pizza'.

"You sure can, what would you like to order?" She asked in a chirpy voice.

"Can I order a mediu -" Over the phone call, something the news reporter said made me stop mid sentence.

"For the first time in decades, theres a predicted meteor shower to hit America tonight. At twelve midnight, the usual dark sky will be filled with up to two hundred meteors. If the nights owl in you can stay awake until then, make sure you keep your eyes peeled for the stars that will make history. This is Lenny Bronan reporting live from the six o'clock news." If that wasn't a sign, then I didn't know was.

"Ma'am, hello! Are you there?"

I pulled the phone back up to my ear and dragged my eyes away from the TV, remembering I was mid ordering, "Yeah, s-sorry. I'm going to have to call you back." I said in a rush as I ended the call.

My body lit up like someone had struck a match and let it burn inside my brain. I quickly snapped into action and took the stairs two at a time, I threw on a hoodie and grabbed my phone, not caring what I looked like. Time was against me and I was panting by the time I was ready to leave.

At times like this I really appreciated Renee's very rich, very generous parents as I grabbed the keys to her shiny new 'well done' present. I didn't bother leaving a note, as I knew Renee would call me if she needed to. I slid into her Mercedes SUV when I reached the garage level in my apartment block and instantly hit the gas pedal as I took the roads.

I had three and a half hours to get to a place I had only been to once before, meaning, I wasn't entirely sure on the directions. I just had to hope for the best and prayed for a miracle.

I arrived at my destination with half an hour to spare after not taking my foot of the gas pedal once, literally chasing the sun as I went. As I drove up the winding dirty path and took a left into the field, I noticed the sleek black truck that I'd came to miss so much.

I cut the engine and slid out the drives side as I slam the car door shut.

"London?" Logan asked as he squinted his eyes in my direction through the darkness.

"Hey." I smiled as I slowly walked over to his car and jumped up up to sit next to him on the edge of his truck bed.

His eyebrows knitted together and he pulled his arm up as he nervously scratched the back of his neck.