Six- Negotiations.

After switching on my laptop. I clicked on google and typed in the web address in the card, instantly bombarded with images of people my age and older in leotards and stage make up.

I didn't exactly want to go, I just felt like I owed it to my eleven year old self. I use to live for performing, it was my mum and I's thing. She loved it, which I inherited and that made us closer than any other mother and daughter I'd ever known.

I performed right up until she left us unexpectedly. And when she did leave, I promised to never set foot on stage again. It hurt to much doing it without her, she was my rock on the sidelines, cheering me on. Without her, I just didn't have the power in me to carry on.

But as I said, I owe this to myself, this was exactly the push I needed. Plus, when somebody said I couldn't, I would do everything in my power to prove them wrong. Bad move dad..

Nerves swirled around in my stomach as I watched video's posted on the website of various musicals that the academy had put on. They was good. The standards being clearly sky high, I gulped and closed my Laptop.

Picking up my phone, I sent Renee and Harper a text. 'I need you to come over ASAP! There's so much I need to fill you in on.'

I hadn't returned any of their calls or texts, my mind had been in a whole other universe. They didn't no anything about Phil or the college, I needed to fill them in and get there opinion on it all before I lost my mind.

That was the thing I loved most about my friends. Whenever I needed them, no matter what they were doing, they would drop it for me in a heartbeat. Fifteen minutes later I heard a car pull up, a brief conversation between them and my dad and they were walking through my door with a tub of Ben and Jerry's ice cream and my favourite movie.

"You haven't been answering your phone or replying to texts. What's wrong?" Said Renee, a concerned expression plastered on her face.

"Well.. Erm.." I mumbled, not really sure we're to begin. The both looked at me expectantly, as if to say 'get on with it!'.

"Ok, from the beginning. The guy that you spoke to you yesterday Renee? He came round my house yesterday afternoon. He's from a Musical Theatre academy in New York. He happened to be at the bar on Friday, he saw me sing and now the academy he works for are willing to fly me our to New York to audition for a scholarship. Meaning, if I got it, I would live in New York for three years." I said, not actually believing my own voice.

"That's a huge oppertunity! You have to.." Harper stopped halfway through her sentence, "Wait, why are you not happy? You look like your hamster has just died!"

"Because I'm in two places about it. One side of me is yelling at me to to go and take a risk. The other side is telling me to play it safe and forget it even happened." I sighed.

"Just go, have a look around, if you like it, audition! If you don't, come home and never look back. It's a free holiday at the end of the day!" Renee, who was quite up until now said.

She had a point, I mean what's the harm in having a look? I'm not signing away my life to the academy, just visiting. And if I don't like it I can pretend it never happened and come home.

Nerves swirled in my stomach as I grabbed my phone and dialled Phil's number. He answered the phone on the second ring. "Hello. Phil speaking. Who's calling?" Phil said.

"Hi Phil, it's Rhi. I was calling about the offer.." My voice faded out. Harper and Renee looked at me, nodding their heads supportively.

"Oh hey Rhi! What can I do for you?" He asked curiously.

"Well, I, I wanna come to New York. Just to take a few classes and see if I like it. If I do, I'll audition. But I just need you to promise me that if it gets to much, as soon as I say so, there will be a flight waiting for me to take me home." I asked, in my most grown up voice. Making deals and getting my own way was another hidden talent of mine.

"I promise you. You say the words and an airline ticket will be in your hand. I'm glad your taking a chance on us. I guarantee from this day forward, your life will never be the same again.. In a, in a good way of course." He laughed nervously.

"So, what's the plan?"

"We'll," phil cleared his throat and started on what seemed like a rehearsed answer, "You're finished sixth form this week right? Meaning your free for the summer. We fly out on Wednesday. Giving you a few days to get packed. And we'll see how it goes from there. are you happy with that?"

"Yeah sounds great, but Phil. There's one more favour I need." I said nervously, the anticipation killing me.

"Hit me, what do you need?"

I looked at my two friends next to me who were looking at each other confused. "We'll, I em, I want my two best friends come with me.."I grinned.