Eight- Up In The Clouds.

"Passport"

"Check"

"Sun cream"

"Check"

"Phone charger"

"Check"

"Plasters"

"Che.. Wait plasters!?"

"Map of New York"

"Dad will you please stop worrying! I'm only going for a month, I'll be back before you even get a chance to miss me!" I almost screamed as we approached the airport car park.

"I know Rhi, it's just we've never been away from each other, I'm going to be so lost without you." He sniffed, as his voice wobbled.

"Don't be turning soppy on me dad." I said as I pulled him into a massive bear hug to hide the lump in my throat that was growing by the second.

Harper, Renee and I jumped out the car and walked around the back towards to the boot. My dad lifted our cases out and set them down on the ground next to us.

"Are you sure you have your passport?" He asked again.

"Dad will you please stop worrying!" I yelled, pulling him in for another hug. He nearly crushed my lungs, holding onto me for another five minutes

"Ok dad, you need to let go now. I'll call you as soon as I get to New York." I said, shaking my arms to try and get the blood pumping back and regain the feeling in them.

"Bye girls, have a good time and be safe!" My dad said as he got back into the car.

We waved him off and made our way to the front desk to check out bags in. I'm starving so the sooner this process happens and we get our bags checked in the better.

"I can't believe we're actually going. New York is such a cool place. I can't wait to do the touristy things!" Squealed Harper.

"I know. Guys with New York accents. I think I may have died and gone to heaven." Renee sighed, causing Harper and I to roll our eyes.

We arrived at the front desk and were greeted by a woman in a bright red uniform and a huge mole on her face.

"Good afternoon. Could I please see your tickets and passports." She said bluntly.

Handing over our tickets, she glances at them as shock rearranged her features.

"Ladies follow me please." the lady with the huge mole says as she stood up from her desk. What was going on?

I glanced and Renee and Harper but they look just as confused as me. We followed the lady across the airport, through some double doors, down a hallway, taking a right then a left. I looked up to the double doors where a sign reading 'V.I.P Lounge' hung.

"Here we are. I hope you ladies have a safe flight." She said with a forced smile.

"Erm, I think you've made a mistake. We're on a normal flight. We're not suppose to be here?" I said to the lady before she could run off.

She took the tickets from my hand and scanned her eyes over them quickly. "I'm guessing that you are in fact Rhiannon Lewis, am I correct?"

"Yes, bu-"

"Then this is were you're suppose to be. Now, go inside, enjoy yourself. Your get takes off in shortly. If you'll excuse me." She said as she walked off in a hurry.

Renee and Harper, who was quite up until this point both started squealing like five year olds. "I cant believe it! V.I.P lounge and a private jet." They said as they started to jump up and down.

"Talk about trying to win you over." Renee laughed.

I rolled my eyes and picked up my travel bag, then pushed though the double doors and into the lounge.

You no when people say 'My jaw hit the floor' when they was shocked? I think my jaw literally hit the floor, I would of tripped over it if I had taken another step.

The V.I.P lounge was something from another world.

The rooms was huge and screamed posh. The massive couches looked like something out of a movie. The décor was breath taking.. The walls were covered in bare rocks, like an ancient castle, the bottom of the floor highlighted by spotlights, dimly lighting the shiny cream marble floor. There was a huge crème sofa placed over the far side of the room where people were having massages and manicures. The far wall was glass, over looking the private jets runway. It must have cost thousands!

We all looked at each other; completely shocked. Renee grabbed our hands and we stumbled over to the bar and sat down on the high crystal bar seats. Someone immediately came over to us to take our order.

"Hi Ladies, what can I get you?" The bartender asked, locking eyes with a drooling Renee.

"An orange juice for me." I said. I wasn't a good flyer is at was, so if I added alcohol to the mix, then it would of been a recipe for disaster.

Harper and I got up and took our drinks over to the huge sofas, leaving Renee and bar boy to chat and flirt to their hearts content. We sat down, almost getting swallowed up in the comfort. It felt like I was floating, someone was most defiantly going to have to peel me away.

We then picked up the menu, my mouth watering as I eyed some of the fancy things on the menu. I ordered the Italian meatballs on soft pasta whilst Harper ordered baked red onions stuffed with roast and spiced couscous. It was all so fancy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour and half later, after my meatballs, an Indian head massage, a few games of poker against Harper, someone came to collect us for our flight. It had mostly been just Harper and I since Renee had been having a flirting match with bar tender.

We waved goodbye to the masseuse made our way to the door next to the huge glass wall. I glanced round to see Renee slip bar boy her number and kiss his cheek. Well that progressed quickly. Never have I seen her give her number our to anyone, she must like him!

She had a huge grin on her face as she approached us. You could see her pupils changing into love heart shapes as she sighed. Harper and I walked in front of Renee, humming 'and they call it puppy loveeeee' but Renee didn't even notice. We hadn't even took off yet and already she had her head in the clouds.

My phone went off in my pocket interrupting my train of thoughts.

'Sorry I couldn't be on the flight back with you. Just a few things I have to do back in London still. Hope you enjoyed the lounge. Just giving you a taste of what life could be like. I'll see you soon.'

I smiled and typed back a short message.. 'It was amazing! Thank you. Ok, see you then.'

That's when it hit me. I'm going to New York, I'm doing what I've dreamed about since I was 5 years old! I may of lost sight of my dreams along the way, but if it's real, if you want it that bad, then they always stay with you.

The private jet was out of this world. It was literally like a mini hotel but with wings! The whole plane was fitted with light cream carpets, a bar, a huge posh leather sofa and even a massive plasma TV that hooked up to multiple gaming systems with every game you could possible think of.

I walked through the doors of the main area and then into a door at the end. A bedroom, this jet has a bloody bedroom! Following the same colour scheme as the rest of the jet. There was a huge California king bed and another plasma with a gaming system. And even a en suite. What the hell, showering on the plane? You don't see that every day!

We took our seats on the posh leather sofa's whilst the pilot, Tom as he introduced himself, got ready for take off. Fifteen minutes later and we were ready to hit the sky!

I squeezed Renee and Harpers hands as the ground beneath us rumbled. I've never been a fan of flying but the two massive grins they shot me made me feel better a little better

The seat belt sign came off when we were fully in the air so I unbuckled myself and headed towards the bedroom.

Today has been overwhelming and I needed a nap. I was nervous for when we land because no matter what happens, my life will never be the same. Good bye London, HELLO NEW YORK!