Three- Bittersweet.

Today was the day. The big night out on the town with Renee and Harper. Sounds fun until you mention the karaoke part. Kill me now..

I woke up at ten feeling refreshed and energised. There was less than a week until I finished sixthform and headed out into the real world, working a real job, so I felt like I had to talk advantage of any lie in I could. My dad was already out by the time I was alive which didn't shock me at all.

I wandered down still half asleep, in desperate need of caffeine. Putting the kettle on and waited for it to boil, I powered up my laptop. I hadn't looked for one university yet even though I was finishing school at the end of the year. Typing in 'Accounts and Financing University Courses' I let out a sigh.

I didn't actually need to go to university because my dad already has a job lined up at the London's Stock Exchange, but if going to university meant me prolonging turning into my dad and marrying my career, then uni is most defiantly for me.

I quickly wrote down the number for the first university that came up on google on a post it note and attended to my coffee. My phone buzzed, signalling a text..

'Hey Rhi, can't wait for tonight! See you in a few hours'

"Hi H, can't wait too. Tonight should be.. interesting. See you in a bit" I replied.

With that I locked my phone and took myself, my tea and a few biscuits upstairs and started to get ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the long process, four hours to be exact, I was finally ready. My light blonde hair hung down my side's in loose curls,

I'd applied a layer of mascara and a stroke of eyeliner to highlight my grey eyes. Red lips were my signature look, I loved red lipstick since I discover who Marilyn Monroe was, so that was a must. Finishing the look I'd brushed a tiny bit of blusher onto my cheek bones.

Heels was most defiantly not my thing, I'd rather be comfortable than suffer with blisters, and me being clumsy added to my dislike of high heels.

Less was more in my opinion, so layering makeup and staggering round in too high heels was a no no in my books.

A knock on the door echoed through my empty house, so I went downstairs, slipped on my shoes and swung open the door. Stood there, overly happy and bouncing up and down like two puppies, was Renee and Harper.

"You look great!" They grinned as I gave them a little twirl.

We jumped in the car and switched on the CD player in preparation to sing our hearts out to some old school Whitney. Thirty minutes later, after making full use of our lungs, we arrived. Nerves danced in my stomach as I looked at the posters plastered all over the wall of the club. There was just something about being around a microphone that made me ouncy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a queuing for five minutes, we were let inside my two huge bouncers. We spotted a few guys from sixthform and made our way over to them. As Harper and Renee chatter to the guys, I let my eyes wander around the room, impressed with what I saw.

There was posh leather couches around the whole venue that were filled with happy teens. A massive dance floor stood in the middle of the room in front of a stage that held a microphone on a stand, big screens and musical instruments for a live band. Light bounced all around the room, reminding me of a club in Ibiza.

"What are you girls having?" A guy named Harry asked, breaking me from my trance.

"Rhi will have a Jack Danielle's and Coke, Vodka Tonic for Harper and a Cheeky Vimto for me please." Renee answered answered for all of us.