Chapter 8

Chapter 8:

Xavier's P.O.V

I woke up as someone was stirring beside me. I opened one eye to see who it was. Oh it's just Maya. My wolf hates me for doing what I did to Chloe but he's warming up to Maya's wolf. Who knows maybe my wolf and Maya's will accept each other as true mates.

I pulled Maya close to me and just lay there with her. I can't say that I'm happy rejecting Chloe but lets face reality, me and her can never be together.

I wonder what my life would be like right now if I accepted her.
She would be the one in my arms. She would be happy, like how she is with Luke and- "CRYSTAL!" I shouted as the omega walked into my room without knocking or asking for permission.

Who does she think she is? I woke Maya up with a fright and she bolted straight up. She looked at me and relaxed into my arms while glaring at Crystal.
"Why did you walk in without permission?" I said irritated.

She ignored whatever I said and threw an envelope beside me with 'Xavier' printed on the front.
I was about to ask her what it was and who's it from but she interjected.

"You're such an ass!" I was about to tell her off but she spoke once again interrupting me. "I don't care if you're the alpha, you're not worthy of that title. Your first day as alpha and you stuffed it up already. I hope she finds what she's looking for!" she screamed as she walked out of my room slamming the door.

Maya looked at me strangely but I just shrugged. She got up and pecked me on the lips before going to the bathroom to probably shower cause last night was... something I tell you.

She closed the door. I looked down at the envelope and counted to three before opening it. When I opened it I began to read:

Dear Xavier,

I hate you, I hate you so much, you screwed me over and over again.

You're the worst mate anybody could have and unfortunately your mine, well you were, at least.

Anyways I'm letting you know since you can't have both me and her; well you already knew that since you chose her over me, one of us had to leave. I knew you would rather me than her so I hope you're happy, cause I left.

Xavier I'm long gone and who knows maybe I will be able to find another just like you did and for all it's worth I hope I do cause I'm sick and tired of waiting for you when you're not man enough to step up and accept me as your mate. But we all know that's never going to happen since you marked Maya so I guess this is goodbye.

You know what they say, 'you never know how much you need someone, till they're gone', I hope you'll realise this, but it doesn't matter cause I, Chloe Maka, accept you, Xavier Gilbert's rejection.

Not yours truly: Chloe </3

I let the paper drop to the ground and I shot out of bed. She can't be gone, she just can't. What if this is one of her games at trying to win me back. Yeah that's it, she's just playing a game on me, the little trickster, I kept telling myself as tears ran down my face. She's just playing me; she's probably at home with Corey and Luke. LUKE! how I hate him. 'MATE! NEED TO FIND MATE!' my wolf yelled in my head and for once I finally agreed with him. I'll start at her house.

Luke's P.O.V

Ahhhhh, why am I so stupid! I shouldn't have ruined my friendship with Chloe. She's my best friend. She's been hurt too many time by people at school, and I just made her a lot worse. Arghh stupid Luke I mumbled as I slammed my head against my wall. Memories of the past two amazing years I've spent with Chloe flashed through my mind which made me even more frustrated as I probably lost Chloe as a friend forever.