Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"Scott do I really have to go? Corey can bring Stiles back and I can stay and protect him here." I tried to negotiate my way out.

"Chloe, I'm sorry, you know very well I can't do that. The whole pack is moving to the moonstone pack except my father and his friends." I pouted at him. I was about to protest but he put his hand up. "Chloe the answer is still no. Why do you badly want to stay and not go back to the moonstone pack where your family is?" he asked curiously. The rest of my group just looked at me and waited for me to answer.

"What do you mean, your my family too, this pack is my family Scott, the moonstone pack is nothing to me except for my dad, mum and brothers." I said.

"Why? What happened back at that pack that turned you against them?" He asked me. I didn't answer him. Yes I still haven't told them the reason why I ran since they never pressured me to tell them. "Chloe, I can't help you out until I know the reason why!" Scott said looking me in the eye. I still didn't answer him. "Chloe, I'm not asking you as your alpha, but as your older cousin who's concerned for you, what made you run away from them?"

This made me spill straight away. I told him everything and by the end of the story he was shaking with fury. "Xavier let this happen!" he yelled. "He slapped you?" he said through gritted teeth.

"HE REJECTED YOU!" he said as he punched the wall. I looked around and Adam, Chase, Patrick and Peter were mad too. Kelly, Zahara and Rose were angry and had tears in their eyes. Corona was just laughing at all the girls but would send me sympathetic smiles.

Scott was fuming. "Scott, it's alright now! I'm over it really." I said trying to convince him. Man protectiveness runs through my dad's family.

He was still shaking. "That bastard believed everyone over you, his mate!, my cousin!" he shouted as he started pacing back and forth. "He better watch out!' Scott said menacing.

"Scott no! you can't. you will start a feud between the two packs, and then I would have to choose between you and my family in the moonstone pack." I begged. Scott was too deep in thought to even hear me. I walked up to him and shook him. "Scott you can't do anything, please I'm begging you not to!" I said.

"No! I am going to make him regret everything! How can he let such things happen?" he yelled pulling away from me and walking to the other side. "I am going to the moonstone pack and I am going to kill Xavier Gilbert!" he said all serious.

I was scared, scared for Xavier, because Scott is stronger than Xavier. His wolf proved that. I turned to face Scott. "Scott you can't!"

"No Chloe don't! his done too much!" Scott said.

"It's not that Scott! I know he deserves it, but you can't. Don't you understand? He's my mate. If you hurt him, you hurt me. Trust me; if I wasn't connected to him he would've been dead the first time he laid a hand on me." I said in a flat tone.

Scott was quiet and now it was chase who stepped forward. "Scott she's right, it will affect her." He said like he was pissed off at the idea.

"I can't just let him off like this! I have to do something!" he said frustrated. "All those times he called me and talked to me like nothing happened, that little shifty bastard." He said clenching his fists as he slammed it down on a table.

"Scott, he doesn't know I'm related to you, so you can't actually blame him for that." I said in his defence. I really shouldn't defend Xavier but if I don't he's a dead man and I don't want his filthy jerk face blood on my hands.

"HE DIDN'T KNOW! HE DIDN'T KNOW!" Scott yelled louder and louder each time. "REALLY THE LAST NAME MAKA DIDN'T RING A BELL TO HIM!" he screamed. Damn I forgot we had the same last name.