Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Chloe's P.O.V

As I stretched my extremely tired muscles and limbs, I felt something stir behind me. Immediately freezing, I felt my stomach clench as my breath hitched in my throat.

For a minute or two I had an internal battle with myself on whether or not I should ignore it and pretend to be asleep or turn around and face death.

I chose the safe side and closed my eyes, singing any gospel song I knew in my mind to avoid the movements from behind me.

My eyes snapped open when I felt a breeze on my neck. My body tensed as I silently said a prayer. I was going to die and I haven't even said my goodbyes to my family.

There was definitely something in my room and it was right behind me. Hell it was probably a clown.

Clowns have reached epidemic proportions and although I was a werewolf, I was still extremely scared of them.

As I felt another breeze on my neck I accepted my fate and cautiously turned around, letting out the breath I've been holding in.

All memories of last night flashed in my mind as my eyes landed on Xavier, who was fast asleep next to me. I think I would have preferred the clown right now.

I mentally scolded myself for allowing this to happen. Yesterday was just too overwhelming, and as much as I hate to admit it, having Xavier near, helped soothe me.

I continued to stare at him as I admired his sleeping form, which had my wolf instantly begging to be set free. She wanted her mate.

He was insanely handsome, not that I'd ever admit that outloud.

Scared that my wolf would take over I finally took my eyes of his lips and stared at his face.

I gently brushed his stubborn strands of hair that clung to his forehead, shivering when I felt the sparks ignite where my hand made contact with his skin.

A small smile was plastered on his face as one of his arms snaked around my waist pulling me closer to him. Warmth spread throughout my whole body as I felt and heard the sound of his heart beat.

My body froze up in his arms, I wasn't willing to move away but I wouldn't allow myself to lean into him comfortably either.

Staring straight ahead as my heart began beating rapidly, I barely noticed tears were streaming down my face.

Quickly, wipping the traitor tears, I managed to get out of Xavier's arms and moved off the bed.

I knew I had to end it. Xavier and I could never be. He dug his own grave, yet we both had to lie in it.

"Xavier." I said as I stared down at him. He still had a smile on his face, but he didn't reply.

"Xavier." I tried again but he didn't even move.

As much as I wanted to stay in his arms and be with him, there were more important things to worry about.
Like Hunter, and the rouges he's teaming up with.
I wasn't going to allow anyone else to get hurt because of me. No matter what, I must keep everyone safe.

Deciding to let Xavier sleep, I quietly snuck out of the room to avoid that awkward conversation that was bound to happen about last night.

That was the last time I'd ever allow Xavier to see me vulnerable.

I made my way to Scott's room to check up on him, not forgetting about his weird behaviour yesterday when he ran out of the room.

Knocking on the door a few times and not getting a reply, I decided to walk inside my cousins room, crossing my fingers that today wasn't the day he would decide to sleep half naked.