Chapter 16

Chapter 16:

"Because I'm the alpha of the theta nu theta pack and I most certainly did not attack you." Scott said with a victorious tone.

Elena looked as if she has been slapped in the face....................with a shovel. Xavier on the other hand stayed glue to his spot but never once made eye contact with me. I can't believe this! How can he do this to me? Put me through all that torture for two whole years!!

I walked straight up to him and tilted his face so he was staring directly at me. "Did you know this?" I asked him, no kindness and any sign of joking around. He didn't answer me; he just looked to the side, avoiding me and the question. I violently turned his face back towards me. "Answer me Xavier Gilbert! Did you know!" I yelled in his face.

"Yes Chloe, I knew." He said sadly as he looked down. I let go of his face and one hand immediately went to my mouth and the other to my heart. I gasped in shocked and shook my head no as if shaking my head could undo what he has done to me. I started to walk backwards. Xavier looked up with a pained look of regret on his face. "Chloe, I know what I did was wrong but please let me explain." He pleaded. I shook my head no and a tear managed to escape from my eyelids and drop freely to the ground. Xavier looked even more pained when he saw the tear drop and moved towards me to wipe it away. I moved back immediately. "Chloe ple-"

"Touch me, and I swear Xavier, I will kill you right here right now." I threatened as I stared at him in disgust. He flinched at my tone. "Two whole years Xavier! Two whole FREAKEN years you and your piece of shit sister accused me for the attack on her. Two whole years you turned the pack against me." I said shaking violently. "TWO WHOLE FREAKEN YEARS!!!!!!!!!! You left me, for that.. that SLUT! Because I backstabbed you're sister, when YOU were in on her plan too! YOU KNEW! You piece of shit!!!" I screamed at him as I walked towards him. He just kept looking at me with pain and regret, but that didn't stop me. "You jackass piece of shit!" I said as I slapped him across the face. "You let me go through all that pain for TWO years!" I said holding two fingers up in his face.

"I'm sorry Chloe, please let me explain." He said begging me.

"No! you've had two years that you could've used to 'explain' to me why you did what you did." I said emphasizing on explain. "It's too late." I told him and he stared at me with a pained expression as a tear rolled down his cheek. "I said this before and I'll say it again." I looked him right in the eye, not showing any emotion. "I, Chloe Maka, accept you Xavier-" Before I could finish Xavier interrupted.

"Chloe no, please don't." I just ignored him.

"Accept you, Xavier Gilberts rejection." I said as he just stared at me shocked. I just turned around and began to walk off. I ignored him calling out my name and even trying to pull my arm back, but not before I walked towards Elena, grabbing her by her neck and choke slamming her. "Two years Elena. That's how long im going to make you pay for what you did." I said as I ran outside and shifted into my wolf. It felt good to be on all fours and feeling the dirt on my paws. I let my wolf take over and she felt free, even though she was dying of betrayal and heart break. I ran to one of my spots I'd come too alone when I was feeling down. It was one of my dad's abandoned shed in the middle of the woods. There was an old ute truck that my father had ever since Corey and I were 5 but never bothered to fix.

I shifted back to my human form and found one of my dad's dusty construction workers shirts. I put it on and it fell to my knees. Whoa my dad is big!

I sat on the floor holding my knees to my chest. I thought about everything, how Xavier knew the whole time that Elena was lying yet went through with her plan, how he rejected me, got Maya pregnant, slapped me and lied to me. What kind of mate is he? But worse why was I so unfortunate to get him as a mate? What could I have possibly done wrong to deserve such a sad life?