Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Behind a bunch of tall bushes we saw two people, a boy and a girl, making out. We looked closer and to our surprise it was Maya and Matthew. We just stood there staring in shock, I couldn't believe my eyes. Surely she was being forced to kiss him. No mother to be would cheat on the father of her baby, would they? I was so confused. I looked over to Xavier, and he didn't look surprised, however he did look pissed. He gestured for me to keep quiet as he crept closer to where they were, I silently followed, careful to not make a sound. We hid behind the bush and stared at them. Thank goodness they finished making out, or else I'm sure my innocent eyes would be scarred. They were just talking, well arguing.

"Babe, I'm tired of waiting, its been 6 long months, I need you back, by my side." Matthew said while holding her hands.

"I know baby, but it's just a few more weeks, and then I'll have the birth and then the plan is back in action at full speed." She said reassuring Matthew, as she held his cheek.

"Ok, but the baby is mine right?" He said angrily as he possessively held onto her baby bump. I looked at Xavier, with wide eyes, to say I was shocked would be an understatement. Xavier looked both relieved and confused.

"Of Course Mattie, who else's would it be?" She cooed.

"Good, cause if it was Xavier's I swear I would've killed him." Matthew replied as he went in for another kiss.

I know Xavier and I's relationship is complicated, but he is my mate, and I felt like I had to defend him. "Too bad, cause Xavier would've killed you." I sneered as they broke away from the kiss and they both growled at me, which caused Xavier to growl and stand in front of me in a protective stance.

Maya looked shocked. She tried to act as if she was innocent. "Xavier baby, it's not what it looks like." She said walking up and grabbing his arm, I let out a growl as Matthew yanked her back and growled 'MINE' and that's when our suspicions were confirmed ..... it was in deed what it looked like.

"Oh so it doesn't look like you manipulated Xavier, for a reason that we still don't know and that you and Matthew are mates?" I said sarcastically. "I mean correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems as if you-" I said walking in front of Xavier and pointing at the two of them, "tried to overtake Xavier's position and have the pack as your own." I said accusingly. They both kept quietly and I smirked in victory as the silence was a confirmation that I was right.

Maya shook her hand out of Matthew's grasp and came and stood in front of me. "You're just half right." She said. "Don't think your top shit just cause you beat the crap out of Elena. Don't let the state I'm in fool you. I know karate." She said holding her hands up in a karate stance.

I just laughed. "Okay panda bitch, calm down, before your baby pops outs." I said with a little too much attitude that Matthew came and stood in front of me, daring me to continue. I just raised an eyebrow at his gesture, is he really going to fight a girl?

Matthew growled at me. "You better back off mutt!" he threatened coming closer and closer as he clenched his fists.

"Or what?!" Xavier replied in the same tone Matthew used, as he moved me out of the way and stood head to head with Matthew. They just stood there glaring at each other, both with clenched fists while they growled at each other. "If you ever lay a hand on MY mate and the rightful Luna to this pack, I'll kill you!" Xavier dangerously said as he shoved Matthew so hard, he fell to the ground.

I was filled with so much joy, when he said that, that I didn't even realise I was smiling, until Maya's annoyingly high pitched voice interrupted me. "I'm not sure whether to find this cute or pathetic. Everyone knows that when a girl goes back to the guy that treated her like crap, it's because she can't do any better and she's one weak as little bitch." She said tending to her mate who seems to be knocked out. Damn Xavier, since when did you get that strong?