Chapter 26: Part 1

Chapter 26: Part 1

Scott's P.O.V
8:30 pm

Light seeped through the window as a warm breeze blew in. I watched her as her eyes lightly fluttered open and goosebumps began to appear on her arms and legs.

I stood up and walked closer towards her bed and leaned closer to comfort her.
Distress and confusion was clearly evident as she looked around the room before her hazel green eyes landed back on me.

The whole room was silent as we let her collect her thoughts.
Xavier was pacing back and forth looking at Chloe, then at the floor before looking at Chloe again.

Corey stood by the window giving his sister space as he was also trying to come to terms with what we discovered less than 11 hours ago

And Sandra, well we thought it would be best if she waited outside.

Chloe looked at me with wide eyes as she said in a croaky voice "did that all actually happen...? How is that possible ?!.."

**********************

11 hours ago

10:29 am

"We've been driving around for the past 3 and a half hours! Where are we? Do you even know where you're going?! Can I drive! I'm hungry. I hate your driving! Oh McDonalds! Scott it's been 3 hours and 45 minutes! Are we lost?"

Corey's annoying voice filled the silence in the car as I stopped bothering to reply to him 3 hours and 35 minutes ago.
He was bored of the long journey and I was to lazy and tired to punch him in the face.

For almost 4 hours I've been driving, trying to find an old friend of my father who might be able to help us locate a certain bastard.

Jebadiah stone, who happened to owe my dad a huge favor, knew everything about everyone that there is to know.
The wise man was in his late 60's and I was told he still lived in the small town 3 to 4 hours west from where my pack territory was located. Jebadiah's house shouldn't be too far now.

After waking up early this morning to get some roadtrip supplies, Corey and I were on the road by 7:30. By 7:35 Corey decided that complaining about everything will amuse him for the remainder of the trip but really it just tired us both out.

"Okay seriously though.. my grandma drives faster than you! And she's dead!"

That's it. Stepping hard on the brakes, I watched in amusement as Corey's whole body flew forward before being jolted back by the seatbelt.

"DUDE WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!?!?" Corey's face flushed red as he shot me a murderous look.
My earlier rage and annoyance was suddenly forgotten.

I couldn't help it, I bursted out laughing. That image of Corey shooting forward before slamming back into his seat with a look of shock painted on his face will forever be etched in my mind.
"Damn" I said while wiping a tear, " I wish you could see your face right now! So not attractive" I said as I mimicked his facial expression.

"Not funny man! Seriously I could've broken my face" he said with a straight face.

" What? You mean your face wasn't already broken? I thought that's why you couldn't shut your mouth!?" I replied just as serious.

"Ha. Ha. Now where does this old guy live anyway? On the moon? Why is it taking forever to get there?!" Before Corey could start running his mouth again I quickly explained to him that the guy lived a block away.

After a few seconds Corey got curious, "tell me, does this guy like, see the future or something?"
Replying honestly I told him " I don't really know, I never actually meet him before"