Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Xavier's P.O.V

"Xavier I'm pregnant!" was all I heard and that was all it took for my world to come crashing down. 'WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!' my wolf Tyler yelled at me. What have I done?

I can't be a father, especially to Maya's child. 'Too bad you did the crime, and now I'm doing the time jerk!" Tyler snapped. NO! I don't want this! Oh God CHLOE!

I took the phone off Daniel and screamed desperately. "CHLOE! CHLOE! Are you there?" I asked hopingly. Please say she hung up the phone.

"I HATE YOU!" was all I heard in response as she violently hung up in my face. NOOOOOOOO! What have I done? When she said those three words with the tone she used it cut me real deep inside. Now I know how she must've felt when I rejected her over and over again.

I looked around the room and everyone besides Maya and Daniel glared at me, most probably imagining different ways they could kill me. Maya spoke up. "Baby aren't you happy! You're going to be a father!" she squealed as she ran and hugged me. I hesitated before I hugged her back.

"When did you find out?" I asked in case it's just a false alarm.

"Right after you left. I was walking around the house when I bumped into my mate uh I mean when I bumped into Mattie, yeah when I bumped into Mattie" She corrected herself. "He said he could hear two heart beats and I told him it must be mine and his. But then he told me to be quiet as he listened attentively and moved closer to my stomach when he finally snapped his head up and said that I was with child. I decided to call the pack doctor and she said I was pregnant!" she shouted the last part with glee.

I tried listening carefully, but I couldn't hear anything. "Are you sure, I can't hear any heartbeats?" I said moving closer to her stomach.

Maya looked as if she was hesitating before she answered. "That's because uh I'm still early in the pregnancy." She said sounding like she's assuring herself rather than me.

"Then how did Mathew (Mattie) hear?" I asked curiously and suspiciously.

Maya started looking around the room and started to fidget with her shirt. "Uhh umm" She said looking at the ground. Corey began stomping his foot on the ground impatiently. "Xavier please, I'm tired from all the walking I've done, can we please go home?" she begged trying to give me the puppy dog eyes. 'Liar!' my wolf yelled.

"Fine" I said as I took her hand and lead her towards the door.

"Maya why don't you go, I need to have a little talk with Xavier." Chloe's father said a little too scary.

Oh crap!

Paea's P.O.V

This little man whore! He's going to be the worst alpha. First off he rejects his mate, the one thing that will keep him sane. Second he's going to be a bloody FATHER to a baby that's definitely not his mate! Although Maya looks a little uncertain now. If Xavier was the father, he would've been able to sense the baby but he didn't, Matthew did. I'm going to get down to the bottom of this.

I told Xavier to stay behind and he did. I walked towards him but he shielded his face begging me not to. "Well you learn pretty fast don't you?" I said with a grin as I stood in front of him.

"Please Mr Maka I beg you not again, I know what I just did was wrong, by impregnating Maya. I didn't know that she would get pregnant straight after I mated her." When he said this I was ready to slap him out, but I remembered I already did. Wait did she just say they fully mated last night?