Chapter 2: Freaking Out

All that pressure got you down

Has your head spinning all around

Feel the rhythm, check the ride

Come on along and have a real good time

Like the days of stopping at the Savoy

Now we freak, oh what a joy

Just come on down, to fifty-four

Find a spot out on the floor

Ah, Freak out! Le Freak, c'est Chic

Sang by: Chic - Le Freak Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Please Vote, COMMENT, and FOLLOW me, too...

.............

Alexandrous' POV

I left  the Pallos' mansion with a heavy heart. I don't know what I'm thinking or what I'm doing. I'm supposed to seek for her apology, not chasing her away. Why can't I just shut my mouth when I'm with her, instead?

"Elle left us and now Victoria is leaving to London. I don't want them to leave, but I can't stop them."

Theios Demetrio's words replayed in my head.

I heard honks behind me and I realized I was driving below the minimum speed, impeding traffic along the busy road. I ignored the cursing the other drivers threw in my way as they passed by as I decided to pull along the road and park my car. I turned the ignition off and leaned my back against my seat support and closes my eyes as I grunt in frustration.

I actually came to show theios Demetrio the plan for the new hotel the PP hotel wanted to build in England. Then, he suddenly spewed out his thoughts about his daughters. How he misses Elle and now, Victoria is leaving, too.

I suddenly felt alarmed.

After that wedding is off, she changed a lot. When Elle left, the Pallos residence became too quiet and I knew she's blaming herself for what happened.

I avoided her, ready to just bury everything between us in the past, but when I heard she started dating again, I was freaking out.

I can't deny, I love her. Until now, it's still her, but I don't want to be in a relationship with her and then let her in control over us. She always wanted to control me and I hate it.

My eyes snap open when I heard my phone ringing. I straightened up and unbuckled. Pulling my coat and slid my hand into the inside pocket and pulled out my phone.

It was Cassie Ann. There's the other reason why I can't be with Victoria again. Cassie is fighting for her life. Her mom is gone and she hated her dad. She felt alone and all she thought she has was me.

I promise her mom to take care of her. And seeing her now, with no one, I felt obligated to take care of her, even though there at times, I wanted to regret why did I promised her mom, I will be by her side no matter what.

"Yes," I said softly, forcing my voice to come out happy, but my heart is in agony.

Victoria's words echoed in my head. "I already spit you out, Xandrous. I don't eat what I spit out, again!"

I absentmindedly chuckled with bitterness. I am a fool. Now she's over me. When I had a chance, I chased her away. I avoided her like a plague. That short rendezvous in the washroom, when she kissed me, I knew I still owned her heart, but now, I'm not even sure if there's a little compassion left for me.