Chapter 8: Gloomy Day

"Each new day is a blank page in the diary of your life. The secret of success is in turning that diary into the best story you possibly can." ― Douglas Pagels

Please don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT, and FOLLOW ME, too...

..................

Third Person POV

Mailov's Mansion

"Sir, phone," Arista handed the phone to Zandros. Zandros turned the stove and gestured Arista to continue frying the omelet as he took the phone.

"Speak," he growls softly as he paces back and forth across the kitchen, with his other hand resting on his hip.

"Is it true your son is pursuing my daughter?" Demetrio's voice resonated through the speaker and Zandros' forehead furrowed in annoyance. He thought Demetrio is being dramatic.

"Yes," he simply replied.

"What's with your son and Nick's son? Why can't they leave my daughter's alone!" Demetrio hissed on the other line. Zandros could tell he was beyond exasperated. At some point, he understands his position, he felt the same way with her daughter Anzhelik when he found out about her and Max.

"Well, my son is in love with your daughter, Demetrio," he simply remarked and he heard him groaned on the other line.

"And you sent him to follow Victoria? You two are working behind my back-"

"Hey, hey, Demi, chill man. Calm your tits. You're being unreasonable, man!" Zandros laughed. Demetrio on the other line is furious. "Come on, don't you think it's time to have grandkids? If ever my son marries your daughter, then we will be officially related."

Demetrio grunted loudly. "My daughter is too young to have babies, yet," Demetrio sounded whining and Zandros chortled.

"Twenty-three is not young, Demi. Now, you're being dramatic, man. Relax. It's not like your daughter would easily give in, knowing how stubborn your daughter is," Zandros quipped matter-of-factly.

Demetrio thought he was right. He relaxes for a little bit.

"I have to warn her," Demi blurted out absentmindedly causing Zandros to laughed hard.

"Hey, don't meddle man. That's not fair," Zandros cringed realizing he sounded whiny.

"Good morning, babe," Zandros watch his wife strutted across the room and planted herself in front of him. Bringing his hand around the small of her back, he gave her a lingering kiss.

"It's Demi," he mouthed after the heated kiss.

"He better plays fair or I will kill him!" Demi groaned in resignation and Zandros chuckled.

"I will kill him myself if he tried to hurt your daughter, Demi!" Zandros injected. "I gotta go, man. I'm leaving to work soon. I will personally handle the construction of your building in England while my son is away." Zandros added on.

"Alright," Demi hang up the phone before he could.

"Morning dad, mom!" Kristos walks in and headed straight to the dining room.

"I need to leave. I have a meeting at nine, I'm already late," Zandros gave Lauren another kiss before heading for the door.

"I think you forget something, babe," Lauren stifled her laughter.

"What? The omelet is ready if that's what you're trying to say," Zandros said as he handed the phone to another helper.

"Oh, thank you, babe," Lauren grinned happily. She clasps her hands with her eyes twinkling with mirth. "Well, you look adorable with that pink apron, but I don't think it fits the place-"