Chapter 27: Getting Dirty

"A man without a woman is like a pistol without a trigger; it is the woman who makes the man, go off." ― Victor Hugo

Warning: Mature scenes, intended for adult only.

Third Person POV

"Dr. Tara Asker a single obstetrician/gynecologists of Athens Emergency Hospital since 1981 but resigned and left on 1991, ten years after. On December 15, 1989, she was on leave for three months and was diagnosed with severe depression but then recovered after a few months and then she was back to normal. According to Taryn Asker's profile and birth certificate, he was born June 6, 1989, in Mexico. Tara Asker as the mother but no father indicated. I went through the National Birth Registry of Athens, Taryn Asker was registered just when he was five. The reason, I don't know," Timothy Hanes said as he stared at the man who became his friend. A man a lot feared because of his cold demeanor and heartless ways, Zandros Mailov. "She has a twin, named Tamara Asker and she's a nurse. She became the mother of Taryn when Tara died on February 13, 1996, according to the death registry, of homicide." Timothy continued on and Zandros still was silent since he sat, quietly downing his beer with his face gave nothing away. Timothy doesn't know what's running in his head, and he's curious.

Zandros place the empty bottle down and then finally looks up to meet Tim's eyes. Something doesn't add up with his information but he can't point it with his finger. He just felt like something is off. He needs to know whatever it is.

"If she's single, why is her last name is Asker? Isn't it Agnelis?" Zandros face scrunched up in confusion.

Timothy smiled and nodded. "She's Tara Agnelis Asker. Agnelis was her middle name." Zandros nodded his head again and look to the bartender busy mixing drinks on their left.

"Where is Tamara Asker lived?" he asked after a lengthy paused averting his eyes to Tim.

"22 Trias Street," Zandros nodded.

"Tara was there when my wife delivered my first son, Alexandrous, on May 22, 1991. Who were her nurses who help her?" he shifted his gaze to Tim, eyeing him expectantly.

Tim suddenly shifted his body, looking apprehensively at Zandros who still look impassive since he sat on that bar stool.

"I had to look on that again, boss," Tim answered cautiously. He was relieved when Zandros nodded only. He pulled his wallet out of his pocket and pulled several bills and place it on the counter, then hops off of the stool. "Thanks, Tim. Call me when you have all the information. I need to know whom she dated, too." He gave Tim a soft pat on his shoulder and walk away.

...............

Zandros knock on the door of the brick brown three-story house on the outskirt of the city. He pushes the doorbell button and followed by knocks. After a while, he heard footsteps coming towards the door.

The door slowly opened revealing a girl who looks exactly like Tara except the two moles under her eyes. "Zandros Mailov?" she looks startled and surprised.

"Tamara Asker?" Zandros asked, eyeing the middle-aged woman intently. A little lighter brown, brown eyes, small and pointed nose, and cheeky face and a little bigger for her height, 5'5.

"What are you doing in my house?" she asked, her voice becoming sharp and a little quivery.

Zandros didn't budge at the rude tone of the lady.

"I'm not here to cause trouble in your property unless I'm provoked," Zandros started. "I just want to ask some information that only you can answer!" he clenched his jaw momentarily.

She looks reluctant but then opened the door for him after a while. "Wait for me outside," Zandros ordered his two securities and they both nodded in agreement as they back up and Zandros followed Tamara inside, to her living room. The house looks organized and everything screams fortune. He felt relieved for some reason.