Chapter 37: Finale

I just want to share this funny conversation with my husband before we proceed. 

At the couch, I'm staring at the TV screen but my head was wandering far far away ...

Hubby: Are you alright? 

Me: Oh ... yeah ... (*smiling*)

hubby: You look lost. You're staring through the screen.

Me: I was just thinking how to end this story, (smiling sheepishly).

Hubby: Oh, easy! (sounding boastful) Just say it there's an earthquake and everyone died!

I burst out laughing. My husband is nuts sometimes ...

Okay, let's get serious here.

Warning: Mature Contents

"Love is when the other person's happiness is more important than your own." —  H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Xandrous POV

One year later ...

"What brought you here?" Mom eyed me intently.

I sighed. "I don't know what to give to Vicky," shoving my hands in my pockets "it's Vicky's birthday three weeks from now. I want to surprise her," mom looks at me and something flashed in her eyes.

"Sit," as she cocked her head towards the empty chairs and I took one. I watch her as she rocks Helena — Cassie and Alexandrine's daughter — in her arms. 

I'm glad that Cassie lets my parents have their four months old daughter once in a while. 

"You know, Mario is selling his shares of the His&Hers, maybe you would like to buy it and give it to her as a gift? She always wanted to design her own clothes, right? She'll be ecstatic," mom gave Helena feathery kisses and the baby giggled. My lips tug up forming a smile upon hearing that sweet little voice of my niece, but what made me feel excited is that mom is right.

"You always have an answer mom! Thank you!" my fingers stroke the underline of my jawline. "

"So how am I going to talk to theios Mario?" mom looks up and smiled. 

"I'll talk to him later when Helena is sleeping," she said intently. 

"Does she needs to move to New York?" 

"She doesn't have to. She can work at home or open an office here. All she needs to do is design the clothes. If she wants to run the business, she can still work at home but she has to travel once in a while especially during runway shows," mom explains and I nodded. I don't like the idea of her leaving Greece or me. 

"Okay. I'll find a location close to my office and build her an office, she can design it, too," I nodded.

Mom nodded at the idea. "And you," as she widens her eyes at me, "go home and make babies. You guys are already married and all, you should be having kids now," mom frowns and I just brushes it off her comments.

I'm actually wondering why she wasn't pregnant until now. I'm not even using condoms. I've been tempted to ask her but I always end up tamping down my curiosity.

"Where's Tar— I mean Xandrine?" I asked glibly.

"He's at work. He left the baby because Cassie has an interview today,"

"I see." I nodded my head. "Where did she apply?"

"She mentioned ..." mom furrowed then her eyes lit up, "Bright Smiles, Isokrates Dental Hygiene. She's applying as a receptionist,"  mom smiled at me then avert her eyes back to her. "I hope she gets the job, right baby? So grandmama and grandpapa can have more time with you," mom cooed to the baby and she giggled.