Chapter 31: News

"Bad news has good legs." ― Richard Llewellyn

Third Person POV

The four looks all shocked as they shifted their eyes to each other. "Theios?" Cassie Ann broke the awkward silence that fills the air for a moment, slicing the thick tension.  A wide smile broke out on her lips as she stared at the couples. "Come in!" she invited the couples and Taryn just stared at the couples. Then, anger slowly infusing him as he watches their back following Cassie Ann to his living room. Just then everything rushes to him like big waves and his anger towards his own father resurfaces. Hatred overwhelms him as he follows them with no small amount of emotion in his features. 

Cassie motions them to sit and the two did, awkwardly. Looking at the satisfied look of Cassie Ann, his rigid and tense body instantly relaxes. "I hope this clears out whatever suspicion you had in mind when I said the baby is Xandrous' child," she spoke condescendingly with a hint of bitterness in her tone. 

Taryn suddenly looks at Zandros with contempt. Zandros looks at Cassie and smiled. "Of course, there's no doubt, Cassie!" he responded promptly. When he looks at Mrs. Mailov, she was staring at him adoringly. Her eyes glistening and he was feeling this strange emotion the way the lady stared at him with adoration and longing. She looks like she was about to cry and his heart clenched. 

"Could you please give us some moment, Cassie? I need to talk to my son," his last word snapped him out of his trance and stared at him furiously. 

Son? 

"As far as I remember, I don't have a father!" he yells in his head, clenching his jaws tightly.

"Of course, theios." Then Cassie Ann gave him a smile and headed to his room. 

Watching her back as she disappears through the hallway, he snapped his head furiously back to Zandros Mailov. "You have no son, here!" he glowered grimly. A pain flickered in those orbs that looks like his. He ignored it. He has no idea what they have been through and he wasn't there. He was bullied and called bastard when he was a kid and fought alone. He has no idea how much he yearns to have a father figure to look up. How much he yearns to hear him saying he loves him that he is always there to protect him, them.

"Alexandrine," that soft voice snapped his eyes in her direction. He was confused with the name she calls him. Lauren was already on her feet, looking like she's going to collapse any second. She stares at him with disbelief. He looks like Alexandrous and she's not surprised why Cassie mistook him as Xandrous. She just doesn't understand why he was doing this or she's just denying the fact that he was obviously doing it out of revenge. 

Taryn stared at the woman in front of him hard, denying the strange emotions he felt as he stared at her soft motherly features. She looks elegant despite the simple black pants and white buttoned down top. "I'm not Alexandrine!" he hissed, ignoring the  urge to feel her arms around him. Would it be warm like his mother's embrace? Well, he doesn't remember now how does it feels like, it been a long time. The longing in her eyes starting to bother him. Why is she acting strange? She should be angry. Her husband has a son with another girl. She should be mad at me and at her husband not like that, acting like I was her lost son.

She smiled, too sweetly that it irritates me. I could feel my heart starting to melt and the urge to feel her warm embrace is nagging me and it is strange. I shouldn't feel that. 

I look away, averting my eyes to the man who caused pain in my mother that caused her life. The cold, collected man looks different in front of him. He looks lost, pain etched all over his face, and at the same time, anger swirling around his orbs and I don't know to whom it was directed.