4

Michael sat in his last period class, which was sociology, with Chloe, Luke and Jada. Laura was in this class also.

Luke's spot is in front of Michael, so naturally, everyday Michael somehow annoys him.

Today in the middle of the lesson Michael was poking Luke's neck, just to piss him off.

He heard Laura giggling from beside him, making him smile slightly, but he made sure she wouldn't notice.

When their teacher turns away from the class, Luke turns and smacks Michael's hand.

"Will you fucking stop!" He quietly groans, before turning back to the front.

"Stop being so rude to my baby boy." Jada mumbles.

"He's your boyfriend not your son." Michael mutters, rolling his eyes.

"Why can guys call girls their baby but I can't call my boyfriend one? Huh? Do you wanna fight me, Michael? I'll fight you." She says, raising her voice a bit as the class is now in a discussion.

"Fuck, sorry." Michael mumbles, leaning back in his chair.

He understood where she was coming from, but he was just so over today. He wanted to go home, not be here with his friends, when all they've done today is annoy him. 

"Hey, Michael?" Laura calls from beside Michael.

Michael turns to face her, giving her a small smile.

"Do you think you could work on this with me?" She asks.

"Sure. I mean, I don't know what we're doing, but yeah." Michael replies, lightly chuckling.

Though Michael actually felt nervous, he hoped he was playing it off well. 

"Well, I just- I've missed some stuff, I need to go over your notes." She quietly says, not looking up at him.

He smiles, "Oh, of course. I have most of them, I think."

He just hands over his books, letting her look through for what she needs.

"Uh, thanks for being so nice to me, by the way." She mumbles, handing him his books back as the bell rings.

He goes to reply, but when he looks up from his books, she's already gone.

//

Michael sat on the school bus, just wanting to leave as soon as possible.

Just as they were about to leave, Laura walks on the bus.

Immediately, Michael moves his bag for her, yet keeps his headphones in.

She gives him a small smile before sitting down next to him, appreciating the gesture.

He notices her glancing at his phone, trying to see what he's listening to. Michael just ignores it, though. He just hoped she didn't completely hate Fall Out Boy, he really didn't want her making fun of him.

Laura doesn't try talking to Michael, even though she sees him listening to one of her all time favourite songs. He doesn't seem to care she's there, so she just stares in front of her.

All she wanted to do was talk about music with Michael, and all he wanted was the ground to swallow him up, for he was terrified Laura was judging him.

Laura wasn't on the bus much longer, she's the first stop on the way home.

She took her time on the very short walk home, not really wanting to deal with her family.

When entering the house, she's greeted by her little brother.

"Hey, Laura." He smiles.

"Hey, Ty." She replies, walking straight by him to her room.

She drops her bag right by her bedroom door, before grabbing her laptop and sitting on her bed.

As soon as she opens it she plugs in headphones and tries to enjoy her time before her stepdad comes home.

Meanwhile, Michael was at home with his mom.

"Michael, honey, how was school?"

"It was fine, mom. Just like every other day." He grumbles, really not in the mood to discuss school.

"Okay." She mumbles, weakly forcing a smile.

He sighs, "Sorry, I'm just- today was weird."

"What happened?" She asks.

"Honestly, I don't want to talk about it. I'm going to Calum's." Michael states, standing up and heading for the door, not wanting to talk with him mom.

"Be home for dinner, please!" She calls, as her son practically ignores her, rushing out of the house.

Michael walked to Calum's place, where he finds Calum, Chloe and Ashton in their usual spot in the garage.

Calum was given the garage to do whatever he wanted with it, so he decided to make it a place for them to hang out.

The garage door was open, so Michael just walked in, and Chloe's the only one who noticed him.

"Michael, hi." She says, ignoring Calum and Ashton.

"Hey, Chloe." He replies, sitting down on the beanbag chair next to the couch they're all on.

Ashton and Calum are both obsessed with Chloe, they both think she's the hottest girl they've ever seen, and she's pretty awesome.

"Michael, what's up?"

"I just need a distraction. Just continue your conversation." He says, staring off.

And they all did, not understanding what Michael needed to be distracted from.

Honestly, Michael didn't really know either.

________

hiiii!!!!

I'm super excited for this there's gonna be so much music talk wooooooo