5

Laura got up earlier than usual, wanting to have more time to get ready today.

She was playing her 'early 2000s emos' playlist as loud at she could without waking her stepdad, while getting ready. If she woke him up, she'd be in huge trouble.

As she was getting ready, she thought about school, and how she just didn't want to go.

"Laur, sweetie?" Her mother quietly says, knocking at her bedroom door.

She sighs, "Yes?"

"I can drive you to school this morning, if you'd like? We'll just have to leave early."

For some reason Laura wanted to take the school bus today. She wasn't quite sure why, though. She did need some more time to get ready.

"I'll just take the bus, for extra time. Thank you though." She smiles.

"Okay, have a good day at school." Her mom smiles, as she closes the door.

Laura finishes getting ready just in time to go catch the bus, she only mumbles a quick goodbye to her brother as she leaves.

Michael sat on the bus, with his headphones in, ignoring his friends as usual.

When Laura got on the bus, Michael only gave her a small smile as she sat next to him. He continued listening to music, but today it was My Chemical Romance he was listening to.

Laura smiles as she quickly glanced to see Michael was listening to another band she liked, while he nervously bit his lip, noticing she again saw what he was listening to.

Michael always thought he had a great music taste and he didn't care much about his friends opinions, but he cares about others opinions, sometimes.

Laura thinks Michael has an amazing taste in music. So far she's only seen two songs he's listened to, but she knows he definitely has a great taste in music.

When they all get off the bus, Michael continues to ignore his friends until at his locker.

"Michael, do you know where Chloe is?" Ashton asks.

"I know you're like, in love with her, but you can survive one day without her." Michael says, rolling his eyes.

Ashton groans, "Why doesn't she want me? God, she's so hot. Why did I get put in the friend zone?"

"The friend zone isn't real shut the fuck up, Ashton." Michael mutters.

Ashton rolls his eyes, "Chloe got to you."

"Actually she just helped me realize how fucking stupid I was, and how dumb you still are."

"No, you guys are wrong."

"Not everybody wants to fuck you, Ash. Nobody put you in the friend zone. You're simply, just friends. Stop being creepy towards her."

"How did you get to be so close with Chloe? How is that fair?" He asks, completely ignoring everything Michael just said. 

"Um, I've known her since the day I was born?" Michael mumbles, grabbing his books.

"So can you talk to her about maybe getting with me? And definitely not Calum?"

The thing is, Chloe has only told Michael she's gay. He was happy when she told him, not only because he was proud of her, but also because she trusted him. It was one of the greatest days he's ever had.

The bell rings and Michael shrugs, "Sorry, gotta get to class."

Rolling his eyes as he walks away from Ashton, he makes his way to class.

Michael sits in class, waiting for Calum to show up.

When Calum walks in, he nods at Michael, going to sit next to him.

"Where've you been?" Michael quietly asks him.

He lightly chuckles with a smirk of his lips, "It's not a big deal, don't worry."

Which made Michael worry slightly.

________

heeeyyyy