38

Michael didn't take the bus to school the next day.

That made Laura worry.

Last night, Laura couldn't have been happier when her and Michael kissed. But now she was worried that she had messed up, when she initiated a make out session.

She was worried he didn't want to see her, maybe he actually didn't like her. She couldn't help but think the worst.

Laura got off the bus and walked to her locker alone, but when she finally looked up as she approached her locker, she saw Michael standing there smiling at her.

"Oh my god, thank god," Laura mutters under her her breath before smiling up at him, "Hey."

"Hey." He smiles back.

"You weren't on the bus today, what's up?" She asks.

"I got to drive today, it was a last minute thing. I'm sorry I wasn't able to drive you here, I'll definitely drive you home though." Michael replies.

She chuckles, "I was scared you were avoiding me."

"I would never." Michael tells her, standing behind her and wrapping his arms around her waist.

She bites her lip, trying to hide her smile as Michael hides his face in her neck.

"Skip sociology with me today." He whispers, tightening his grip on her.

"I'll think about it." She giggles.

"Well, I hope you do." He chuckles, letting go of her so she can grab her books.

When Michael looks up, he sees that Chloe walked by and he knew she'd have questions.

Chloe was surprised Michael was acting this way with Laura, it was so unusual for him.

"I'm not going to see you at lunch today, by the way. I have some homework I forgot I had to do." Laura says as she closes her locker.

The two walk together to Michael's locker so he can grab his stuff for class.

Michael didn't reply to her, because he really wanted her to sit with them at lunch so nobody would ask him questions.

"I'll skip last period with you, though." Laura says, as they get to Michael's locker.

"Really?" Michael asks, smiling at her.

She nods, laughing as he pulls her closer to him after closing his locker.

When the bell goes, Laura sighs, looking up at Michael. He chuckles, wrapping an arm around her as he walked her to class.

"I'll see you later." Laura smiles, looking back at Michael as she walks into her class. 

Michael walked to class alone, wondering what questions his friends could possibly have for him.

//

Michael was the last to sit down with his friends at lunch. They were all staring at him, and he knew he was getting questioned.

"Michael, you and Laura seemed awfully close this morning. What's that about?" Chloe asks.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Michael replies, trying to deny everything as he stares at his phone.

Luke reaches across the table and grabs Michael's phone from his hands, "Jada and I saw you guys too, seriously, what's up?"

"I don't really understand why you guys are all so obsessed with me?" Michael questions, now staring down at his food.

Chloe rolls her eyes, "Michael, are you and Laura together?"

"What? No." Michael quickly replies.

Laura was not his girlfriend. But the more he thought about it, the more he knew he wouldn't mind it. He honestly really wanted her to be, but he wouldn't admit it.

"Can you guys, like, just make it official then fuck because we're tired of waiting." Ashton mutters.

"Ashton, shut up. Michael, you went out with her last night, right? What happened?" Jada asks.

"Fuck, we kissed last night. We made out last night. Whatever." Michael finally says, giving in. He kind of walked to tell them that anyways.

"Finally!" Chloe yells, nudging Michael.

People from the tables around them look over when hearing Chloe yell, but Chloe didn't care. She just stared at Michael like the rest of their friends.

"Can we not make it a big deal?" Michael groans.

"I'll save you, let's go for a smoke." Calum says, finally speaking up.

Michael really wasn't in the mood to smoke, but he needed to get out of that situation. It wasn't that he didn't want to talk about Laura. It had nothing to do with Laura, he was just scared.

______________

I'm sorry that I take a million years to update I'll try to get better at this I promise